Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Product Activation Error: 1-80004005" - What?

Default "Product Activation Error: 1-80004005" - What?

(*Windows 7*)
    This is off of a brand spanking new, out-of-box copy of FSX Gold.

After installing Deluxe Edition Discs 1 and 2, FSX was started, and as prompted I typed-in the Product Key for "1) Flight Sim Xeluxe", and everything worked great.

*There are two yellow Product Key stickers within the software box; 1) Flight Sim Xeluxe" and the other for "2) Flight Sim X:Acceleration Expansion"

I then installed Acceleration, and the SDK's. Everything seemed to install fine, yet now when FSX is launched, I get the dreaded 1-8004005 Error. Why is this? Was I supposed to enter the Acceleration Product Key at some point? I was never prompted for this.

Of course this is frustrating, but so it goes. Any ideas on how to go about re-entering the Product Key, or anything else to help this?

Thanks!

Brian.

Okay. It seems like this did the trick:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
    E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
    5. Close Registry Editor
    6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

The next time you launch FSX, you'll have the prompt to enter the ACCELERATION product key.

Closed/Opened a few times, and all seems well.

Cheers , that fixed the issue for me as well

4. Default

I have the same problem but on Windows 8.1, is there anything I can do? I have done what it says here but it did not work...

5. Default

I had the same problem, and I thought that I would find a fix at the Microsoft web site. However, after following several suggestions I could not fix the problem.
    Then, a Google search directed me to the Flightsim community.
    I would like to thank "brianstabinger" for taking the time to respond and providing a fix.
    I would never have figured this out by myself.

6. Default

I now have a larger problem......
    After registering FSX Acceleration, all worked fine.
    However, after shutting down the computer it would not re-boot.
    Is this due to a security issue with the software (does altering a file automatically bring in the computer police)? I was signed in as an Administrator. Also, I attached the FSX file to C:, rather than Program Files (86).

Unfortunately, my reg entry for Upperfilters already has this:

FNETHYRAMAS
    PartMgr
    fltsrv

I have removed everything else, and just left PartMgr, but that did not work. I also changed to to just 0, but that did not work. I Repaired FSX from the Accelleration cd, but that did not help. I have the game installed on 2 SSDs on a Raid0. Is that a problem?

8. Default

Be careful when editing the registry.
    Faults in it can make your computer un-bootable.
    Make a registry-backup before you start, and a system image and or regular backup.

9. Default

Snacko, I experienced a similar problem (I'm Win7, 64 bit), where the reg entry already had this:
    Shockprf
    PartMgr
    DzHDD64

After trying one or two things, I eventually found this link, which finally solved the problem: https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/kb/960480
    Scroll down to the blue Download button, save .msi file, run it. Next time I ran fsx it asked for the activation key, which I entered, and it was successfully activated.

I hope that will work for you.
    P.S. I ran fsx.exe as Administrator, though I don't know if that was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
    Unfortunately, my reg entry for Upperfilters already has this:

FNETHYRAMAS
    PartMgr
    fltsrv

I have removed everything else, and just left PartMgr, but that did not work. I also changed to to just 0, but that did not work. I Repaired FSX from the Accelleration cd, but that did not help. I have the game installed on 2 SSDs on a Raid0. Is that a problem?

10. Default

[QUOTE=brianstabinger;1703563]Okay. It seems like this did the trick:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
    E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
    5. Close Registry Editor
    6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Hello, i have one question, how to expand the following reg. key? thank you

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast