Thread: FSX scenery update for Cape Town.

1. Default FSX scenery update for Cape Town.

Hi guys, I would like to update the default scenery for Cape Town. I am using FSX with the Acceleration pack. I would love to see Table Mountain, the V+A Waterfront, Ysterplaat, Cape Town International, Stellenbosch, etc, looking reasonably realistic! I am originally from Cape Town, but my wife and I now live in the U.K. My question is; which mesh files do I require, and is there a specific order to install them? I am still using XP Pro! Many thanks!

Last edited by mrzippy; 08-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

3. Default

Many thanks Mr Zippy, I will definitely try those files!

i have uploaded photoreal scenery of table mountain and the cape town CBD and harbour area. Its not the best scenery by far but it gives you a nice feel. I am still new at the scenery design thing and was just playing around. But i am getting more into it.
    You can search for the file here at flightsim. just search for tafelberg and it should show up.
    You can also purchase cape towns airport from nmg. Looks amazing!!!!

cheers.

5. Default

Thank you vlug, I will check it out. I see that there are loads of mesh files on Avsim, the problem is, knowing which ones are relevant to updating Cape Town and the surrounding area.

Cheers for now.

If you go to avcom.co.za, they have a virtual aviation section where you can read up on SA scenery.
    heres a link to an aeroworx post on the avcom site - http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=11&t=92690
    aeroworx makes freeware scenery for the whole of SA. by searching on flightsim or avsim you will a lot of their files.
    Just note that their mesh files needs to be installed in series
    trieng-trieng.co.za also has SA scenery

Hope this helps
    Cheers

7. Default

Cheers for that vlug! I have been downloading and installing mesh files for Southern Africa the whole day; but I tell you what, it's been worth it! Cape Town looks a whole lot better now in FSX! I am impressed with Table Mountain, compared to the default "blob"!

Once again, many thanks for your time.

Cheers for now.

You can also try Trieng Trieng Scenery (http://triengtrieng.webs.com/). They have Cape Town harbour, Simonstown Naval Base and a bunch of other upgrades to the Western Cape scenery.

9. Default

Many thanks gtox, I have found and installed those.