Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World of ai model problem

1. Default World of ai model problem

Hello, i installed world of ai but i can only see the models at night, when it's day, the most planes are invisible and i can only see the lights and the name. I have thesame problem on my Mega airport brussels add-on from aerosoft. I can see the planes only at night. Can someone help me?

Keukenrol

In the settings, uncheck "Airplanes cast ground shadows"

Wim

3. Default

Thanks for your quick ansure! It solved the problem!

4. Default

I had the same problem.
    I found out that it's only some airports (probably old ones?) where the planes don't work .. it's very annoying and having the planes not cast a shadow is not a solution for me ( if I could at least force my own plane to cast shadow)

so I was thinking to replace AI planes with my custom planes .. but it's not that easy .. I'm re-skinning the liveries (as a start) .. but the more custom liveries I make (and remove the originals) .. the less planes I see around

anyone found a solution how to fix it without the turning off the shadows ?

.. but the more custom liveries I make (and remove the originals) .. the less planes I see around
    To "replace" AI without writing new flightplans, you must use the same aircraft.cfg title= line in the replacement, and change or delete the original. Otherwise the AI Engine won't display what it can't find...Don
    Example:
    title=Boeing 737-800 Paint2 becomes title=Boeing 737-800 Paint2 user
    and the replacement's title= becomes title=Boeing 737-800 Paint2
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

6. Default

hey .. let me give that a shot.... so I only need to keep the title .. and can change the ATC and all that? .. that would be lovely

eventually I was thinking to setup my own AI .. but that looks like lot of work.
    It's too bad, since the World AI planes are amazing .. nice and still quite detailed .. but not too much so the FPS doesn't suffer from full lot .. I wonder if there will be a way to fix the airports to make it work , I tried overwrite the airport (Prague Ruzyne) with addon one .. but still same problem

The AI Engine looks for the Title= entry in the FP, so, it is easy to replace planes that way.
    I did it with the default fictional airlines to change to RW airlines, and a few others to change from older liveries to newer.
    Be realistic though, a 747 flying a C208's plan is gonna send it to smaller airports where you would never see one.

Most of us use AI Flight Planner(AIFP) by Don Grovestine: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP to create new AI plans, revise existing ones, and convert FS9 versions to FSX format.
    It takes a little time to get a hang of what entry variations are necessary, but, once you have a couple under your belt it's easy...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

8. Default

thanks a lot for the tips!
    I tried it yesterday and the planes started to appear! great! but I hear what you're saying,
    what makes the whole flying experience even better is keping it real (flying around Germany, seeing mostly german airliners , UK in UK ...etc... ) and that's something that the default AI wont be able to do I suppose ( I dont think there are some "rules" about certain fictional airlines operating in certain regions .. but you never know)

I think that in the end, I would have to setup the AI planes myself, create flightplanes (or download some existing ones) .. and just replace the Airplanes with the FSX planes... will see how it goes,

or I will just deciede to either .. suffer from having no shadows in World AI planes .. or get some payware that's FSX compatible (DX10)

http://www.world-of-ai.com/ has tons of ready made AI for almost every airline on the planet.

One note: When you install WOAI use the exact same install destination every time.
    If a previous install of an airline creates the AI plane a successive airline install will look for the model and if found, it will install the livery and update the aircraft.cfg.
    If the model it looks for isn't there it creates it.
    If you have moved it you will be plagued with messages telling you all about the duplicate models.

I created a Dummy FS9 folder(F:\WOAI\FS9) and install to that. Copy the planes into FSX. Leaving the originals alone.
    That way any successive install will update the planes and you can then copy them all into FSX again allowing overwrites.

You should not have to worry about duplicates of the FPs unless you install the same one twice. Generally one per airline/season/year.
    The default location for traffic files in FSX is ...FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery, but you can put them anywhere and activate via the library.
    I broke mine down into alpha-numeric folders to aid in troubleshhooting, but, I have them all and then some.

The WOAI flightplans are in FS9 format and will need to be converted to FSX format, or the default, or any, FSX format flightplans will be disabled. Use AIFP to do the conversion...Don

10. Default

I was playing with WOAI with no problems. I never got a message about duplicate planes.
    As I said, I think that WOAI is totally amazing.. I love the animation on the planes and all ..
    The flightplan conversion explains why I haven't seen any other planes.

Unfortunatelly the WOAI has one big problem for me ... turning off shadows to see the planes .. It's something i'm not willing (so far) to live with .... I know that flying from cockpit you don't really care about your shadow .. but when I taxi I usually switch behind plane .. and it feels like it's floating....

on top of that I'm using DX10 since my FPS is like double (30-40 vs 20-25), ... and I would need to get that addon that converts textures into DX10 format .. otherwise some planes are white ...