Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX Affinity Mask?

1. Question FSX Affinity Mask?

Ok, so i found out that if you set Affinitymask=14 you can get an extra core running for FSX (or something like that) in the FSX.cfg, but when I try and CTRL-F and search for Affinity Mask, I cannot find it! Is it something you have to put in? And if so, can i put it in anywhere or under a specific line?
    Windows Vista Business 64-bit |Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz |8GB DDR2 | MSi ATi Radeon HD R6850 Cyclone PE | Thrustmaster HOTAS X | Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC 24"inch|

[JOBSCHEDULER]
    AffinityMask=14

3. Default

Nope...can't be found. I have used using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service, whether that'll make a difference I don't know.
    Windows Vista Business 64-bit |Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz |8GB DDR2 | MSi ATi Radeon HD R6850 Cyclone PE | Thrustmaster HOTAS X | Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC 24"inch|

Ok, so i found out that if you set Affinitymask=14 you can get an extra core running for FSX (or something like that) in the FSX.cfg, but when I try and CTRL-F and search for Affinity Mask, I cannot find it! Is it something you have to put in? And if so, can i put it in anywhere or under a specific line?
    FSX will automatically use all available cores if you SP1 or later installed, there is no need to tweak anything. The reason some people use this setting is to restrict FSX to 3 out of 4 cores, leaving one clear for Windows and other tasks to use. Read through the guide below as it has some more details about how it works.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html

Nope...can't be found.
    That's because it isn't there by default.

6. Default

Hello Argonaut!
    You find the entry in your FSX CFG (configuration) file under your Name/app/roaming/microsoft/fsx or search for fsx.cfg
    Now here is what I found: Mine is set AffinityMask=5 this will run Core 0 and 2. Core 1 and 3 doing almost nothing. I change it to AffinityMask=14 what happen was all 4 cores running high and the Core temperature went up to 78-80C at this point I stopped the Flightsim and close the program, went back to my FSX/CFG file and set it back to =5. you see, I had a CoreTemp program running to monitor temperature. Normal Temp. for my PCU (a i5 2500K) is 68-70 Celsius when using FSX, much lower for other programs. So be warned, be careful. Herb

The affinity mask setting is not in the default fsx.cfg. I would guess that you used the ventubo tweaking tool and that's where the setting came from.
    Bruce
    I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

8. Default

I can not find it too so I added this line manually but I did not notice great difference.

I run on AMD FX8120 (not overclocked), HD Sapphire 5770 (overclocked to 900MHZ and memory 1450), 8 GB RAM.
    I use max res.1920 x1080 HD 48' TV .
    REX, GEX, Night Enviroment, Airport Enhancement, Airbus X, UT2

Well, at the beginning I was getting quite good performance. Many of my friends where impressed with the look. Especial night flight. Knobs where set to about 90%, cars on 7-11% (depend on the scenery), boats 2-3%. Later on sth happened and I don't know what but I started getting blurry textures. I've have notice that the longer flight the more blurry textures I get. So I deleted FSX.cfg and let fsx to create a new one. Ran the game and close it. Then tweak CFG with support Jesus website. However I lost all my key assignments ?!

I'm still thinking though that what I'm having now doesn't equal what I had. Maybe I watch too many YT videos so I finally got confused. Don't know why and also my UTC traffic disappear so I guess I need to re-install it in order to deleted FSX.cfg file.
    Don't surrender tough. I have read last few days thousand of solutions and believe me there is no one set and there is lots of contrast point. One says you need that other says you should not.
    Nothing left but keep trying all of them and find the best one for oneself. Anyway all these tweaks are taking away my focus from flying and sacrifice my time on sth else than flight. I think I will end up shortly with installing FSX once again just to make sure I did not mess up sth by the way installing all these add ons....this always help

9. Default

Hello all,

Please help me... Wich number is correct to set at AffinityMask for my i5-4670k?

Thank you!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by shadower View Post
    Hello all,

Please help me... Wich number is correct to set at AffinityMask for my i5-4670k?

Thank you!

Mike
    14 if you want to use cores 2, 3 and 4 for FSX with core 1 for Windows and other programs.

15 if you want to use core 1-4 for everything.

Try both and see which works best for you.