Thread: Replacement Cessna 310Q 2D Panel

Default Replacement Cessna 310Q 2D Panel

Hello, I've been using the FSX modeled C-310Q twin for a few months and recently located a 2D panel that replaces the Beech Baron panel that is used in its 2D view. After several unsuccessful attempts to replace the 2D panel (it has no installation instructions) I figured it was time to ask the expert(s). The original file name of the plane is "CQ310Q.zip" and the replacement 2D panel file is "FP_310Q." What do I need to do to activate the 2D panel, replacing the Beech Baron panel?

Your help would be appreciated,

aputech

I cannot find either file here or at Avsim, where did you get them?

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do?
    Farewell, my freind (sp)

Hey, 'Bean! Been a while. I got both files from simviation; sorry I forgot to mention that. I think the total files size is around 15mb. If you can help, it would be awesome--if not--it was good to see you, man!

aputech

p.s., the aircraft filename is actually "C310Q.zip," the first 'Q' was a typo.
    Last edited by aputech; 06-18-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Forgot the proper filename (duuhhhh)

I have it working and will acknowledge it is not a "drop and go" install.

1) Copy Panel.FP into the 310 aircraft folder. Mine is named C310Q and I may have changed it after I installed it so yours may be different.

2) Copy FPC310.CAB to your main FSX\Gauges folder, or to Panel.FP. I do the latter so if I decide to toss the panel, the gauges go with it. If I want to toss the panel and keep the gauges for other uses I will then copy them to the main Gauges folder.

3) Edit any [fltsim.nn] sections in the aircraft.cfg that you wish to use this panel with, changing the panel= line to panel=FP.

This should get you up and running, though there are a few other issues.

The original 2D (and the VC) use radios with standby frequencies, this panel does not.

To change the NAV-COM radios in this new 2D you need to edit the [radios] section of the aircraft.cfg.

This is what you will need, changing the red entries from 1 to 0.

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 0
    Com.2 = 1, 0
    Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1
    Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0
    Adf.1 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 1
    Marker.1 = 1

If you never use the VC, the rest will not apply.

If you use the VC you will need to...

1) copy the [VCockpit01] section from Brett's original panel.cfg to the panel.cfg in panel.FP

2) Copy 310.cab and Mooney_Bravo.gau from the original panel folder to panel.FP.

Note that the edit to make the 2D radios work will cost you the standby option in the VC. If you would rather have the standby for use in the VC, then don't make the edit. Can't have both.

I have not fully tested the panel, at a brief glance everything appears to work. If you have further problems post back and we will sort them out.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do?
    Farewell, my freind (sp)

Wow, thank you, Bean! I really hope it wasn't too much trouble; I do appreciate your help. I like that little freeware 310 (I fly VC almost exclusively) because it behaves a lot like a friend of mine's that he lets me build twin time in. I've wanted to own one since I saw one on the cover of Flying magazine in 1972. I'd like to co-own or own a 310R Turbo in the next few years, and the more I fly Tony's, the more rabid I am about getting one. The last time I felt so passionate about a machine was when I was about 14 and obsessed over '69 Chevy El Caminos. I bought one when I was 18, and held onto it until it was stolen (never located it, but still hoping) 2 months ago. I kept her for 33 years (I'm 51). But I digress, sorry about that. Again, thank you so much! I'll let you know how she works out.

p.s., you're a gem!

aputech (woohooooo! Thaaaaaank yooooooou!)
    Last edited by aputech; 06-20-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: forgot my callsign (brainlock from excitement!)

I like the C310R myself, which is probably why I helped build one for Milviz... It is based on one owned by a friend from Portales, NM.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

N4gix, I'm planning on getting the Milviz 310 myself, once I add Orbx to my desktop. I'd like to put them on my laptop, but the processor and GPU demands are a bit much for my 2.5 ghz quad-core. It is so cool that you were involved in the creation of the Milviz 310. Have you ever flown in one? They really move! I have about 38 hours of twin time to date, and 30 of them are in Tony's (a former colleague from work, now friend) 310R. He only charges me $110/hr wet to operate it, and never insists that he comes along when I fly it, unlike a few other pilots that won't let me use their planes unless they come with--they charge more, too.
    Next Tuesday morning, weather permitting, Tony and I are heading up to Lake Tahoe (I've never been there) to practice mountain flying. I've heard some hairy stories about flying through the Sierras and the Rockies, so I'm a little apprehensive and a lot nervous; I lived in Alaska in the late 70's and had my share of nail-biting mountain flying as a right-seater.

aputech
    Last edited by aputech; 06-21-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Removed a sentence N4gix already addressed regarding the 310R

StringBean, I've been happily zipping around in the 310Q for most of the day, practicing pattern work at Romona (KRNM) and my RW home field of Gillespie (KSEE) That worn-out-looking 2D panel is almost a dead-on copy of Tony's except for the radio stack and GPS. I'm loving it! Thank you again! Too bad the panel can't be enlarged, but heck, at least it's on there and working. :-)

aputech

Quote Originally Posted by aputech View Post
    N4gix, I'm planning on getting the Milviz 310 myself, once I add Orbx to my desktop. I'd like to put them on my laptop, but the processor and GPU demands are a bit much for my 2.5 ghz quad-core. It is so cool that you were involved in the creation of the Milviz 310. Have you ever flown in one? They really move!
    Not yet, but I do have a standing invitation to fly with Ken in his should I ever find my way to Portales, NM... Ken also owns a nice little Skyhawk he uses to bang around the patch there in Portales, mainly because it's a lot less expensive to fly!

I did the 3d model refining and gauge/systems work for the Milviz release. It was a real joy to work on. I have so much work backlogged that I rarely find time to fly any more, either in the sim or in real life!
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I guess that's what happens when you're very good at what you do, eh? I do hope, however, that N4gix has some downtime to decomp and relax. Gotta let those frown lines take a break for some R&R. I do hope you get a chance to feel a 310 accelerate from a dead stop. It's fraggin inSANE! You'll tighten your gut and feel your head rock back when the pilot shoves a sudden full-throttle on you. Man, it is really crazy what those 310s can do. I hope you can get over to Portales, New Mexico. You'll really be glad you did. :-)

aputech