I have moved my flight sim setup to the loft as its drives the wife mad when its left out so I normally have to pack it all away.
No I have a desk in the loft and can leave this out and am wondering how to make this even better.
At the moment I have the following:-
1. 27" Monitor
2. TrackIR 4
3. Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedals
4. Aerosoft 747 MCP
5. Ivibe TFS 3 - seat feedback system
What I would like to do and are after recommendations is get another smaller monitor (or use my ipad) to have all main flight controls shown, like EFIS, PFD etc. upper panel etc.. so I can have my main monitor as just "out of the window view".
1. Is this something that is recommended?
2. Is it possible to do this using an iPad?
3. Will this render my TrackIR redundant or do people still maintain them?
4. Would I be best keeping the Virtual Cockpit?
Also I am thinking of purchase a 128GB SSD to increase the experience. I currently have a Dell XPS 420 so its getting a bit old but can't afford to upgrade the whole computer (as I have just purchased an iMac for the office where my sim use to reside).
Any way I am after any suggestions you can give that allows me to get a more realstic feel from my setup (not worried about altering the software aspects as I am happy with the airports, scenery and aircraft I fly - PMDG747).
Look forward to your suggestions.