Thread: Help! FSX won't load.

1. Angry Help! FSX won't load.

As the title says, FSX Acceleration has won't load anymore.
    I am using an Acer Aspire M390, with Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80 GHz. 4 Gb RAM, running Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 and have been successfully using FSX on this machine for over 6 months.
    Two weeks ago, after installing a new aircraft (P-38 "Fear The Reaper" By David C. Copley & Mark Rooks) and creating a new folder with a RAAF repaint I created, FSX suddenly stopped loading on start up.
    What happens is:
    I start the program and the FSX splash screen appears, after 2 or 3 seconds, a dialogue box appears which states "Generating new database for scenery files.." which then disappears and the program seems to continue loading (?) However, when I look at the process in MS Task Manager, it states that FSX is "Not Responding". I have allowed this program to continue running in this state for a full 24 hours and it does not progress any further. The Memory (Private Working Set) has stalled at 81,592 K where previously, when the program loaded correctly, it would sit at around 130,000 + K.
    I have tried repairing the install and even removing and re-installing a completely clean install, four times without any change.
    I really am at a loss as to what to try next and need your help, please.

Cheers, Zero_Alpha

2. Default

Seing you have tried re installing...

Un intstall again, run C Cleaner and defrag the HD to make sure everything is gone

I've seen it said in a few places it's best to defrag before reloading/reinstalling FS.X and cleaning off old files and bits won't hurt.....and may help.

Then reinstall.

It will take a while, but it seems you're going nowhere anyway.

All I can truthfully say is that is what I'd do if I were you

If you think that the Lightning installation might have something to do with it you should check if any DLLs were installed when you added the plane...

4. Default

Look in your "Documents\Flight Simulator X" folder and find any saved flight (an extension of ".FSSAVE". Double click, it may open FSX, or ask what program to use - select FSX as the default program. That should start FSX properly and it may heal itself.
    Another way - delete your FSX.cfg file; FSX will look for it, not see it, and build aa new one. However, you will have to set up all your preferences all over again though.

5. Default

Go to My Documents/flight simulator X files, and locate the file, logbook.BIN. Move it, or change the extension. Then start FSX again. FSX will make a new logbook file. You will lose your logbook with last few flights but FS will open. texerrn