Thread: P51 Cockpit View

uriahms Guest

Default P51 Cockpit View

What's wrong with the cockpit view (F9) in the P51. It takes you to a point beyond the tip of the spinner. Any fixes?

2. Default

As far as I understand it there is no cockpit. It's crap.

3. Default

Yes you need to move the camera backwards until you see the non existing cockpit. At least the camera will be in the right spot.

uriahms Guest

I agree with both of you guys. I tried moving the eyepoint backwards and there is no cockpit. You can only fly this one from spot view. Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by uriahms View Post
    I agree with both of you guys. I tried moving the eyepoint backwards and there is no cockpit. You can only fly this one from spot view. Sucks!
    None of the warbirds have cockpits.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastGuy View Post
    None of the warbirds have cockpits.
    It's "as real as it gets" I reck'n... heh

uriahms Guest

I believe MSF was in development as the next version of MSFS but when the development team got shut down some years ago it got shelved. Now MS decided to reroute the incomplete product and give us as is to make a few coins on an unfinished idea.

No, those warbirds were deliberately designed to not have a virtual (interior model) cockpit. They are "Basic" models aimed at the so-called "Gamer" user, who would never use anything other that "Tail Chase View" or "Spot View" to begin with.

Eventually, most new aircraft releases are planned to be offered in two versions: "Basic" and "Deluxe..."
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Now MS decided to reroute the incomplete product and give us as is to make a few coins on an unfinished idea.
    No, they deliberately designed and developed Flight to be the way it is. Somebody at MS thought this was a better route forward for them.

Hi,

I have little interest in planes that can't be flown from the cockpit. I think it's really nice of Microsoft to provide the Preview versions, free of charge, so they can be visible in multi-player. I hope that everyone that has downloaded them has sent some show of appreciation to Microsoft and hope that the pay versions result in attracting new players.
    I also feel that by limiting the scope of Flight and concentrating on the quality of what's already implemented is a wise strategy for the long haul. I hope they're able to sustain that focus and turn a deaf ear to the many complainers.

Jim F.