Thread: Article: Review: Bell 222B Light Helicopter From Cera Sim

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: Bell 222B Light Helicopter From Cera Sim

The helicopter is a excellent helicopter. The problems you are having are a Issue with your system, or your lack of knowledge of the aircraft. The engines have a rev limiter on the collective that must be switched to lower the engines in to a more respective %. It is one of the best flying helicopters out there.. Includes a auto trim function where you don't have to hold the stick forward all day long. Only down side is they never integrated the Reality XP GNS 430 or 530W into the panel or gave the option to. Although there is a way to do it. All In all I would encourage anyone flying helicopters to get this one. I enjoy it very much and would hope that these comments would not keep someone from buying the B222. The passenger doors have a config panel that is used to open them and don't respond to Shift-E. As well as a cold and dark state or a ready to fly state with a simple click of the mouse can have it running. Even in a manual start it starts easily with in a minute both engines can be running and warming up. I have over 200 hours in this helicopter and will easily put another 200 hours easily ,and works like a Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by signon View Post
    The helicopter is a excellent helicopter. The problems you are having are a Issue with your system, or your lack of knowledge of the aircraft. The engines have a rev limiter on the collective that must be switched to lower the engines in to a more respective %. It is one of the best flying helicopters out there.. Includes a auto trim function where you don't have to hold the stick forward all day long. Only down side is they never integrated the Reality XP GNS 430 or 530W into the panel or gave the option to. Although there is a way to do it. All In all I would encourage anyone flying helicopters to get this one. I enjoy it very much and would hope that these comments would not keep someone from buying the B222. The passenger doors have a config panel that is used to open them and don't respond to Shift-E. As well as a cold and dark state or a ready to fly state with a simple click of the mouse can have it running. Even in a manual start it starts easily with in a minute both engines can be running and warming up. I have over 200 hours in this helicopter and will easily put another 200 hours easily ,and works like a Champ.
    I agree with you. I also wanted to add that this helicopter was meant to be used with FSX Acceleration. Is the only way you will have the doors, stretcher and lights to work properly. I have the Reality XP GNS 530 installed, and the only thing that looks odd is the knobs, but it works great and it's better than the default GPS it comes with.

4. Default

I can't fault this Bell (Airwolf) as I had the privilege of flying in it in Johannesburg, South Africa during 1984-87 when it was brought over by "Checkers" and operated for promoting the series Airwolf. Pity it crashed in Germany.