Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ADE Affects Autogen

Default ADE Affects Autogen

Hi
    I have a short question regarding ADE9. Im using it since yesterday, and I have edited 2 airports. But I found out that when I edit an airport, the autogen around that airport disappears, and I get an area of about 2kmx2km with no autogen. I dont have any exclusions or boundaries. What am I doing wrong? I hope this is one of those problems that can be fixed with just a few clicks.

2. Default

What are you using it for? What have you created? FS9 or FSX?
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Im using it to edit taxiways, runways, add buildings and edit comms.For FS9. It seems to happen when I move a runway from the original point, but Im not shure. It may be also because of moving the purple cross, the one that specifies the location, altitude, etc. Ive edited 2 airports, created 1. 1 o fthe edited an the one created have this problem. Curiously, When I first edited them there wasnt any problem. It happened after more than one editing.

4. Default

I trust that when you re-edit these, you open the ADE2 file and not the BGL file?
    Tom Gibson

Here's the background info behind Tom's comment. When you open (or create) an airport in ADE a project is created. A lot of the editing procedures leave internal code that ADE uses for compiling the .bgl. That internal code is excluded from the .bgl itself so opening an edited ADE .bgl will not have that necessary code in it. Always save a project for further editing is needed and then do your compile from that open project.

Also be sure you have checked for your update for ADE. It is in the help menu. 1.50.4402 is current.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95 is the support forum. Register there so you can browse topics.

See the ADE v.150 supplemental manual about the Move Airport facility. It requires ProKey which costs about $10 US as I recall and offers additional facilities.

This is another reason to work with projects. If you don't, and scenery elements are optionally split into separate .bgl files, they would have to be reimported into the project if not included into the compiled .bgl.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

I always compile the scenery when I end editing it, but first I save it as a project, if thats what you are asking about. I also rewrite the old project, to keep everything organised. My ADE was updated today to the current version. I didnt understand this part: "See the ADE v.150 supplemental manual about the Move Airport facility. It requires ProKey which costs about $10 US as I recall and offers additional facilities." Is this a feature aviable only in the Pro version? Can this be the reason of my problem?

7. Default

That's just a convenience - you can move airports without ProKey, but it's just a slower process. Shouldn't cause autogen problems.

The only other thing I remember that will remove huge areas of autogen are FS2000/2002 scenery objects and airports.
    Tom Gibson

Did it work OK before you changed the airport reference point?

What was the hierarchy of the .bgls in the scenery if an add-on and were they included into your project? Were these stock airports?

If an add-on list the .bgl files in the add-on folder scenery folder. Also how far did you move the airport?

What kind of .bgl were you editing?

It might be best to take this to the fsdeveloper ADE forum. Registration is free and besides Tom there are others including the developer that are experts (not me ).

Pro-Key is a license tag that you purchase that will enable this feature and others. While you can group and move objects independently the convenience of the move airport function might take care of something left out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

No, it wasnt an addon scenery. It was a stock airport. I cant tell you when the problem started, but maybe it happened when I moved the airport. In one I moved the runways insignificantly, and in the other I moved all the airport about 300 ft. And the autogen disapeared in a square of about 2km x 2km. I only used the default buildings and scenery objects included with ADE.

Which airport(s)?
    Hello Dave

@ PawPaw's house - near KADS, Addison, Texas, USA