Thread: No undercarriage!!!

Default No undercarriage!!!

I decided to resurrect my CLS 767 package........

Installed OK - shed loads of paint jobs now edited to ones that I will/may use.....

Installed a livery for my VA.........NO undercarriage on just THAT single aircraft!!!

[It taxis brilliantly, can take off and land, too ]

Any ideas, please?

I seem to remember that aircraft ported over from FS9 to FSX sometimes didn't have wheels - or was that FS2002 to FS2004?
    Something to do with the model file?

Below is the section from the aircraft.cfg file showing the CLS (default) installation then the added texture details...

[fltsim.0]
    productfolder=763_RR
    title=Commercial Level Simulations 767-300 BA
    sim=CLS_767-300ER-RR-RB211-524GH
    model=RR
    panel=
    sound=RR
    texture=BA
    kb_checklists=CLS-B767-checklist
    kb_reference=CLS-B767-reference

atc_airline=speedbird
    atc_flight_number=103
    atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
    atc_parking_code=BA
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_id=G-BZHA
    ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
    ui_createdby=Commercial Level Simulations
    ui_manufacturer=CLS / Just Flight
    ui_type=767-300ER
    ui_variation=BA
    visual_damage=1
    description=Commercial Level Simulations - Boeing - 767-300ER\nVersion 2009.10.0\n\nMaximun Range: 6,115 nautical miles (11,320 km) \n\nTypical city pairs: \n Frankfort-LA

[fltsim.1]
    productfolder=763_RR [SIZE=3][This one with no undercarriage][/SIZ
    model=RR
    panel=
    sound=RR
    texture=flyuk
    kb_checklists=CLS-B767-checklist
    kb_reference=CLS-B767-reference

atc_airline=Boeing
    atc_id=
    atc_flight_number=780
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO
    atc_parking_code=CLS

ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
    ui_createdby=Commercial Level Simulations
    ui_manufacturer=Commercial Level Simulations
    ui_type=767-300ER
    ui_variation=FlyUk
    visual_damage=1

description=Commercial Level Simulations - Boeing - 767-300ER\nVersion 2009.10.0\n\nMaximun Range: 6,115 nautical miles (11,320 km) \n\nTypical city pairs: \n Frankfort-LA
    Old enough to know better...
    ...young enough to do most of it again
    Intel Q6600; 4Gb RAM; 9800GT-512Mb; XP-Home-SP3. FSX; REX; GEX; UTX; FSC; RC4; UT2

Installed a livery for my VA.........NO undercarriage on just THAT single aircraft!!!
    Don't have the plane, but...Missing textures? Sounds like it. OR it could be a missing/corrupt texture.cfg.
    Check the new livery's folder against a known good texture folder...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    Don't have the plane, but...Missing textures? Sounds like it. OR it could be a missing/corrupt texture.cfg.
    Check the new livery's folder against a known good texture folder...Don
    Don,
    thanks ~~~ when rotating round the aircraft in Spot View I was eventually able to discern the actual undercarriage albeit transparent and barely visible Further investigation suggested "Alpha channels" not correct (whatever they are!).

I have now posted the texture folder to one of my VA colleagues who does painting and he will sort it for me

Coincidence??? I installed the iFly 737 the very day after starting this thread and ~~~~~ (drum roll) ~~~~ NO undercarriage!

The iFly forum had many similar "complaints" which I resolved by loading a lil' ol' Cessna first and then changing to the iFly.
    Miraculously, the undercarriage suddenly appeared - about two seconds after the iFly aircraft loaded!!!

Since starting with FS twelve years ago this is the first time I have had to load a Cessna "first" even though it was usually recommended to load the "default" aircraft first in order to "enable" gauges.........bearing in mind that the default in FSX is the AirCreation Trike already airborne over Friday Harbour.........

Three greens and soft landings...

Ken
    Old enough to know better...
    ...young enough to do most of it again
    Intel Q6600; 4Gb RAM; 9800GT-512Mb; XP-Home-SP3. FSX; REX; GEX; UTX; FSC; RC4; UT2

Always make an install " as administrator ".
    Sometimes the Windows 7 UAC function (User Account Control) can be the problem: disable it when installing!
    It can also be a virusscanner or other safety program.

In my case of the iFly 737 NG, i had no undercarriage nor gauges, this was caused by PC Tools THREATFIRE.
    After days of frustration, but with very good support from the iFly team in the forum, i discovered it did filter something in the installation but without warning me! Now i don't use it anymore.
    Last edited by Bartbear; 05-14-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    I5 2500K @ 4.3 Ghz / ASUS P8Z68 M-PRO / 8 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM / ASUS GTX 570 DCII 1.28 GB / Intel SSD320 160 GB / WD Caviar Black 1 TB / Windows 7 64 bit // Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - 2x Throttle Quadrant // FS2 > FS4 > FS5.1 > FS98 > FS2002 > FS2004 > FSX tuned by KOSTA +FEX+GEX+UTX.