How do you keep FSX interesting?

Just learned about Cairns, Australian from a novel I am reading by Harlan Coben...so I just completed a flight from Brisbane to Cairns in a Level D 767....wonderful and very scenic...so now I want to do it in P3D with a PMDG 777 ....the runway is long enough too...A great resort area....thanks to flight sim I can go there...IN real life..NO WAY..lol...al v

Freeware SR-71 Blackbird over New York, so high you can see the curvature of the earth-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/FSX-Blackbird.gif~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/FSX-Blackbird-cpit.gif~original

u should see wehre i got my freeware uss enterprise!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On joining online networks like ivao.net, you can participate in many types of tours or group flights and make friendships.

Also if you like strategy/building and tycoon stuff then u must try fseconomy.net

You can rent and fly a plane for virtual$ save enough and buy your own airplane to fly and maintain

Save more and you can buy or build your own FBO on an airport to provide fuel and maintenance services to other pilots etc

The news is a great inspiration. This weekend I am ferrying Prime Minister David Cameron to his European meetings, Holland, France, Poland and Germany.

I've just come back from 2 days in London (my wife was at a breakfast at St James Palace, with Camilla and a few celebrity actors and writers) and I sat at Buckingham Palace watching A330s, 777s and A380s crawling past on a slow turn onto finals, turbines screaming, flaps dangling ... So today I made a couple of flights in a A321 from Schiphol and Brussels onto the same runway, and I could see Buckingham Palace beneath me when I could spare half a second....

TV documentaries, anything really. All gets me flying. After watching an air crash show, I replicated JFK Jnrs fatal flight in his Saratoga using my Carenado, managed to get the time right, and found a weather theme that was perfect. With lots of mist. Like JFK I flew visually at night. I didn't crash, but did miss Marthas Vineyard, identifying an island further west for it. Soon realised my mistake and landing OK.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

My latest kicks (3) are to sign onto a fsopen.uk server and climb into a tower and watch other pilots fly. Plan a flight with the default flight planner using gps direct then dragging the flight line to vor's along the way to get a flight plan. And finally using the map and placing an aircraft on a grass field pretty much anywhere on this earth and enjoy flying in unknown areas.

I guess i keep FSX interresting by installing another aircraft or sliding the realism bar up a notch... the possibilities are endless! Try joining up on some poor AI dude... it's always fun to fly formation with AI, as you never know what they're gonna do. I also do some carrier landings. Try real-world weather, or tough preset bad weather. Or try an ILS or crosswind landing... try landing your 737 and a small airfield or do a red bull airrace... posibilities are endless!

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do quite a bit with my copy of FSX (well... now P3D2):

(1) As a PPL studying and training to get my instrument rating, I practice procedures on the sim before certain lessons. Although FSX is not the best and modelling flight characteristics (try spinning in FSX), as long as I have a good addon plane, I find it useful to practice checklist items on the sim.

(2) I fly occasionally on VATSIM just because. It's fun visiting places in the virtual world; I'm trying to finish a round-the-world trip on VATSIM. Started at EDDF, currently in PANC.

(3) Most of the airports I fly into IRL are small nontowered fields near KGGG. Since these airports are terribly replicated in stock scenery, I take the job to improve them myself. For example, I've added custom taxiway signs in KASL and am working on runways and taxiways. Scenery development is tedious but can be fun!

(4) The flight-sim world has developed some great addon planes in recent days! Justflight released the Fokker 27, Alabeo has the DA-42 and devs like QW and Aerosoft are at work on the 737 Classic series and the Pilatus PC-6, respectively. All these airplanes are models of significance in my life. I like to fly them around, sometimes recreating routes I remember from my childhood days (e.g. Twin Otter from Sentani to Wamena, Indonesia).

(5) Although my rig would never be able to produce such graphics as Jim Robinson's, my sim uses addons like Orbx, REX and ASN to enhance sim flying. I recommend all products to everyone with a decent rig.

...Try joining up on some poor AI dude... it's always fun to fly formation with AI, as you never know what they're gonna do.

Concorde.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

It is indeed a Concorde - flying in formation with a company 777. I recall it was approaching KEWR. Flying the Concorde (which is already difficult enough to fly by itself) in formation with a subsonic airliner on approach was definitely challenging! It was 30 minutes of fun though!

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

It is indeed a Concorde - flying in formation with a company 777. I recall it was approaching KEWR. Flying the Concorde (which is already difficult enough to fly by itself) in formation with a subsonic airliner on approach was definitely challenging! It was 30 minutes of fun though!

How did you get a AI 777?

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like flying IFR, or aka I Fly Roads. :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180026[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180027[/ATTACH]

Wow! I bet that freaks out the pogues driving on the roads.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

WOAI etc. There are many 3rd party traffic addons, freeware and payware.

I have looked at WOAI but i haven't been able to see how i can get AI in my PRESENT time, in other words, all the AI is for days long gone (XD, i feel so old now!)

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A woai airline flies for example on a 2010 schedule. Visiting the airports they did back then in real life. But you see them if you set time and date to today as well.

Ok, that helps! i'll get it :D thanks :) :pilot:

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have looked at WOAI but i haven't been able to see how i can get AI in my PRESENT time, in other words, all the AI is for days long gone (XD, i feel so old now!)

I doubt you are as old as you seem to feel. That picture of me on a clam shell door of a CH-46 was taken in 1967. Don't you feel younger now?

If not, post an older picture of yourself as an adult. That will make me feel younger!

I doubt you are as old as you seem to feel. That picture of me on a clam shell door of a CH-46 was taken in 1967. Don't you feel younger now?

If not, post an older picture of yourself as an adult. That will make me feel younger!

well, that pic makes me feel younger... and finding an older picture of me an adult will have to wait... i'm 14 :P

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, that pic makes me feel younger... and finding an older picture of me an adult will have to wait... i'm 14 :P

My Bad! I didn't notice the Jr.

Hope you enjoy simming enough to move on to RW Flying! This is a good place to at least learn some terms & planning.

My Bad! I didn't notice the Jr.

Hope you enjoy simming enough to move on to RW Flying! This is a good place to at least learn some terms & planning.

No problem ;) I might go on to RW flying, problem being, I like technical things and creating things. So i'm more likely to end up in the engineer department

Positive rate, gear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funny things happen in life. Many of us who started out flying are also engineers. And many engineers also fly. Physics is as physics does.

Good Luck