Thread: A Fun Descent-HD...

Default A Fun Descent-HD...

While I was rendering this video I studied the scenery...I came to the conclusion that this Scenery, Aircraft and Flight Dynamics are the bestI

have ever seen in any Flight Simulator straight out of the box.

http://youtu.be/U5Jdd6UdzqM

This is an HD video so click the resolution up to 1080p and then click the "Full Screen" icon at bottom right. Thanks for looking

Have you noticed there are no breaking waves on the shoreline. The waves are static.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Have you noticed there are no breaking waves on the shoreline. The waves are static.
    Yes, but I find the overall effect is still more realistic than FSX's linear waves crossing at odd angles.
    Peter, you sure like your spins. I wonder if the real Icon could take the stress? — Bob

Quote Originally Posted by azzaro View Post
    Yes, but I find the overall effect is still more realistic than FSX's linear waves crossing at odd angles.
    Peter, you sure like your spins. I wonder if the real Icon could take the stress? — Bob
    Yes I agree...The main water is dynamic and the photo shore foam is just fine...The water is way more real than FSX and also has the proper bumps from waves affecting the aircraft.
    With regard to spinning...I have spun a lot of aircraft for real and some of them fragile early types. I don't believe there is much extra stress on the aircraft as the airspeed is low and completely stalled on one side. There is not a lot of G during a spin but in some aircraft that flatten and increase their rotational speed there is a high possibility of disorientation and "distress" to the pilot. The main stress danger to the aircraft comes not from the spin itself but the pull out from the recovery vertical or passed vertical dive.
    Last edited by petermcleland; 05-05-2012 at 06:28 AM.