Thread: Problems combining C++ Header with C example code

Default Problems combining C++ Header with C example code

Hello,

my name is Matthias and I'm trying to build a little simplified version of a hardware ATR72 cockpit. I would like to switch LEDs on the panel in correlation to the status of the FS2004 panel system, so I need to read the data from the software (I'm using a commercial ATR72 add on aircraft).
    The good news is that the developer of that aircraft allowed me to use a C++ header file which defines all panel variables and was specially written to allow an access. The bad news is that I know a good amount of Delphi, but my C programming skills are very bad (just like my English ?!).
    I tried to combine the C++ Header file with some example programs from the FS2004 panel SDK and with fs2004menu (a small dll example which generates an entry in FS2004 main menu bar), compiled with Visual C 2008 Express, but those examples are written in C, and the ATR header file makes heavy use of the type 'bool', so it must be a C++ file.
    How can I bring it together ?
    Are there code examples in FS2004 programming in C++ ?
    I'm afraid without help or working example code I will never solve this problem ...

Matthias

Much as it pains me to admit this, but you will most likely find a C/C++ program who can help you faster at either FS-Developer (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php) or the AVSIM dedicated panel/gauge design forum.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Thank you very much, I will try it.
    Matthias