- it doesn't seem to be mentioned often in this forum but I'm sure that are numerous dedicated users - there is/was a dedicated TP forum at another site.
I was wondering if Tileproxy is still considered a hot item?
- the biggest problem for Win7 is the unsigned driver issue and the work-arounds; some people never seem to be able to get it functional.
I'd like to go look at the terrain or city of a certain location, and wonder if Tileproxy is the ultimate tool for that?
Any problems with it?
- for "occasional" or "limited" or "local" use, FSEarthtiles is more practical: while configurable, TP generates photoscenery, by default, out to the full reach of the FSX scenery engine -- which often may be MUCH more that what you need or want.
- TP is "seasonally sensitive" and makes 'duplicate' scenery tiles for each season... potentially 5X the storage space
- All photoscenery must have a higher priority than default scenery tiles/OrbX/UT, but TP application also has to be running for TP scenery to be seen. Other photosceneries such as might be made with FSEarthtiles or SBuilderX have only to be manually turned on/off in the scenery library (like most other scenery)
How do you load up the default scenery if you want to fly that?
- No one can answer that for you
Is beta8 the latest version?
Hooked since FS4... now flying:
self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 8GB gskill; 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO game drive; Win 7/64
quiet, fast and cool running.