Thread: how to delete the 727 flaps 20 position

Default how to delete the 727 flaps 20 position

since the 727 does not have flaps 20, I was hoping some one could tell me if its possible to delete this command so that flaps will go from 15 degrees to 25. Thanks in advance for your help, steve

Quote Originally Posted by teeb57 View Post
    since the 727 does not have flaps 20, I was hoping some one could tell me if its possible to delete this command so that flaps will go from 15 degrees to 25. Thanks in advance for your help, steve
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Natio...ee66c99d67ac1d

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Natio...ee66c99d67ac1d

Thanks pschlute. This is a rare bird indeed. I've been on the 727 for over 12 years with two different companies and this is the 1st I've ever seen. I would like to delete the flaps 20 from the config file if anyone can tell me how. warm regards Steve

5. Default

Thanks pschlute. This is a rare bird indeed. I've been on the 727 for over 12 years with two different companies and this is the 1st I've ever seen. I would like to delete the flaps 20 from the config file if anyone can tell me how. warm regards Steve
    There is no good way to remove flaps 20 - the gauge will not change regardless of mods to the config file and the 20 setting is heavily involved therein...

This is an interesting topic - I have Boeing drawings that show the flap pedestal and flap position indicator with and without the 20 setting. Judging from the performance tables and normal procedures, at some point in the aircraft's history the flaps 20 setting was deemed superflous and removed since there was no real difference in performance between flaps 20 and flaps 25.

DJ

Thank you David, I have no clue but thought it was possible that flaps 20 was with the old 100. We have a 200 right now that has flaps 28. Thank you for getting back to me SB

7. Default

Thank you David, I have no clue but thought it was possible that flaps 20 was with the old 100. We have a 200 right now that has flaps 28. Thank you for getting back to me SB
    I also thought that perhaps the flaps 20 was with the 100, since the drawings that I have showing flaps 25 only, come from a -200 AOM and those that show 20 have no version ID on them; on the other hand the procedures never mention flaps 20 except to show that the limits are the same for both 20 and 25... go figure. I suspect that the 727 has undergone so many Boeing and operator modifications that we will never know for sure since no one has written the definitive technical history of the aircraft. I suspect that DF took a look at the procedures and, since they model all versions, took the path of least resisitance.

DJ

8. Default

The flap angles are most likely set in the animations and compiled with the model so they can not be changed

Yes, probably not. Since I've never seen flaps 20 before I had to do some research. Flaps 20 in the 727 is associated with the super 727 quiet wing conversion, not many were made. Just when you think you know something about the airplane, I learn something new.
    Thanks for responding Steve