Thread: Nvidia control panel

Default Nvidia control panel

I would like to set the frame rate in FSX to unlimited and use the Nvidia control panel to set the frame rates. Would this be set under the title "Maximum pre- rendered frames" ? I am using a GTX 560ti.
    Thanks

If you want to use a frame limiter you may use an external frame rate limiter or download and install nVidia's Inspector. There is an option to chose your external max frame rates. The one you mentioned does not affect your frame rates while running FSX. Inspector will take the place of your nVidia's control panel. The link is here http://www.techspot.com/downloads/50...inspector.html
    Bob G.
    Last edited by bgets; 03-05-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add
    Intel i5-2500K OC 4.5 Ghz,Gigabite P67A-UD3-B3, GTX560ti, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, 128GB SSHD, 750W PSU, FSX Deluxe, Acceleration, Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. MTX5.4c
    Tis this for now anyway. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1955972

Thanks for the information, I will download the Nvidia inspector.

See for Control Panel settings here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhan...opic36586.html
    I5 2500K @ 4.3 Ghz / ASUS P8Z68 M-PRO / 8 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM / ASUS GTX 570 DCII 1.28 GB / Intel SSD320 160 GB / WD Caviar Black 1 TB / Windows 7 64 bit // Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - 2x Throttle Quadrant // FS2 > FS4 > FS5.1 > FS98 > FS2002 > FS2004 > FSX tuned by KOSTA +FEX+GEX+UTX.

5. Default

Set nvidia inspector to 30fps locked and in fsx set frames to unlimited. This is optimal for smooth views.

So the deal is, if you use Inspector you can get rid of the FPS limiter program from the tweaking site? Am I correct?
    Brian W.

Quad Core Asus board, 3.3 gz not yet overclocked, boost to 3.8, EVGA GTX 550.ti, 8 gigs ram, 1.5 T HDD, Win 7, 64bit,

Regarding the link from Bartbear, I notice on the bottom of the page about the frame limiter, unless you are using an older less powerful computer, you won't gain much by using it. I take it to mean that if you are running a newer
    made for FSX computer, then sticking with the frame rate setting in FSX will work fine.

Let's see if I can set a few things straight as there's a bunch of stuff in this thread that needs to be sorted out.

External frame rate limiters - using one is a "YMMV" type of thing. Some find it works to help make FSX smoother others find it does not. My personal experience is that it really does smooth out things when flying in challenging conditions (ie. a complex aircraft, near a major airport when in IMC). Otherwise, I find no advantage. So, again, you have to try it to see what works for you.

Which one to use?
    To use the one linked to in Bojote's fsx.cfg tuner utility (FPS_Limiter_0.2) see this lengthy thread for the full scoop (my reply #49 includes screenies). A big advantage for me is that this one gives you an easy way of starting FSX with or without the limiter as you can create a shortcut to it on your desktop for that purpose. I also find (and this might just be something peculiar to my set up) that it simply works better than setting it up via Nvidia Inspector. Again, its a "try it an see" type of thing.

To use Nvidia Inspector to set an FPS limit in FSX, you first have to use Nvidia Inspector to create an FSX profile as shown here. Note that the screenshots don't show an entry called "Frame Rate Limiter" (it is NOT the entry called "Maximum pre-rendered frames" BTW which is a totally different thing) as this feature is provided by the driver and when those screen shots were done the FPS limiter feature was not included as part of the driver. So, even before you try to use Nvidia Inspector to limit your FPS, be sure to download and install the latest drivers. With the latest drivers installed, create your FSX profile following the link provided above as a guide noting that in addition to the settings shown you can also set a limit for FPS. Suggest you start with 30 and fine tune from there if necessary. Once you get your profile set up, every time you launch FSX your video card automatically sets up to the parameters in your profile including the value you've chosen to limit your FPS. I find this rather inconvenient for the times when I prefer not to run FSX with an external limiter. You can do it, of course, but it requires editing and saving your FSX profile in Nvidia Inspector before you run FSX which is a rather long way around for a simple task and is one reason why I prefer to use FPS_Limiter_0.2 as it gives me easy selection of limiter or no limiter.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by noell; 03-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Intel i7 930@4.2GHz / Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima / Gigabyte X58A-UD3R / 6 gb G.Skill DDR3 1600
    60GB Corsair Force GT
    (Win 7 Pro 64-bit) / 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 (FSX) / 600GB WD Velociraptor
    MSI GTX570 OC / X-Fi XTreme Gamer / CM 850Watt / CM Stacker 832 / Acer S211HL / Samsung 215TW