Thread: Any good AG Pilot add-on (crop dusting)

1. Default Any good AG Pilot add-on (crop dusting)

Hey guys, first time poster here!

I work in the AG industry (crop dusting) and am looking to set up a simulator with a stick, rudder pedals etc to teach our new guys without burning up a ton of 100ll or JetA.

We found FSX, we found the "Ohio Crop Duster" mission and plane on flightsimulatorxmissions and a decent looking AG Cat with boom pressure and pump here http://blog.kareldonk.com/grumman-ag...t-simulator-x/

What we REALLY need is a plane (any AG plane will due) with a LIGHTBAR / AG GPS kinda like you see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZmtWyuVQ0

Basically it shows if you are in left or right of course for each pass, we need our guys to be able to practice flying the light bar in a field and be able to see where they sprayed and where they missed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
    -S

Sorry, can't help, I've flown dusters in FSX but none had a lightbar.
    I've dropped an email to Deane Baunton in NZ asking him if he can give you any advice, he's designed FSX dusters in the past.
    If/when he replies i'll post his reply in this thread..
    Last edited by ScatterbrainKid; 02-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

http://fsaircraft.net/project_100

Great aircraft, unfortunately only NZ liveries but great quality, some of the best freeware availible
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4400@2.00 GHz
    4.00 GB RAM (3GB useable: DDR2)
    Nvidia GEFORCE 9500 512MB Graphics Card
    Windows 7 32-bit

I just downloaded the Fletcher to check it out, it sprays fine (below) but sadly there's no Lightbar-

Have you tried the Air Tractor 402? It's a great looking plane but I don't know if it has what you are looking for. Just do a search for it and it will come up. Good Luck.

As a midwest U.S. farmer I can assure you the Ag Tractor 402 is the king of crop dusters. RW they have light bars Raven systems

http://www.ravenprecision.com/siteco...0Steering.aspx
    Last edited by torkermax; 02-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    CPU: I7 2600K @ 4.7 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
    MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1600 12800
    MB: Asus P8P67 Pro V3.1

Hi guys. Firstly the lightbar I made is only on the Cresco, and only shows airspeed, heading and weight.

I have never heard or seen a lightbar system for Flight Sim. For the Fletcher and Cresco aircraft models I tweaked some of the basic gauges, so got to look at some gauge coding. For most gauges there were tens to hundreds of lines and I only modified small bits. A light bar or Ag GPS system would have to be based (I guess) on the Flightsim GPS and that has thousands of lines of code which few if anybody has really played with. In short it would take somebody who seriously knows what they are doing with complex gauge coding.
    As an alternative I looked at a very basic system that would utilise a set of lights to indicate on track when the aircraft was straight and level, and then off track when in a turn. Even that was beyond my skill.

Maybe a real-life crop dusting company could commission a coding expert to create an FSX lightbar for pilot simulator training?