Thread: "The Case of the Non-Working VOR/DME".

Default "The Case of the Non-Working VOR/DME".

Using Airport for Windows I've made perhaps a dozen or so VOR/DME on various tiny Pacific Islands. I made them all the same way, with some very simple scenery. The VOR on the highest point of the island, with the "Visible" box checked, a road from the VOR to the closest shore, and a boat offshore. All of this is so I can see it when I fly over it in case something goes wrong. As it has.

All of them work except for two, the ones on MaCauley Island and Antipodes island. I can see the VOR structure on the mountain, but when I go to World -> Map it is not there; and when I tune the radio to the right frequency it does not pick up anything. There is one other thing. There are no autogen trees at all on Antipodes, and no autogen trees on the top of MaCauley, around the VOR.

When I remove the MaCauley.bgl file, the trees reappear right to the top of the mountain. But when I remove Antipodes.BGL, still no trees.

This leads me to conclude that there is a phantom exclusion operating somewhere. But where? I've only added a little bit of my own scenery. and when I remove it all, there is no change. I've removed the sceneries through Scenery Library and physically deleted the BGl files and even the containing folders. Nothing seems to fix the problem, and it occurs only on these two islands. I have tried different file names, different names for the VORs, different frequencies. Nothing works. Any ideas where to go next?

Steve from Mudgee.

2. Default

But, what SLAs and penalties do not do, is compensate ACME Food Services for the loss of goodwill when something goes wrong, dissatisfied customers, negative word of mouth, and associated loss of revenue due to poor contractor performance. What ACME Food Services really needs to do, is not just rely on the contractor to meet the SLAs, but also put contract management processes in place that increase the likelihood that SLAs will be met. These activities might include training for contractors, re-training, spot-checks, checklists for drivers, inspections, and even incentives for meeting SLAs or exceeding expectations. Because ACME Food Services is the company that will be blamed if something goes wrong, they have to do everything that they can to make sure that it does not. Even if 'fault' is just customer perception, can you afford to take the risk?