Thread: Headphones Problem - FSX - Can't Hear Engines

Default Headphones Problem - FSX - Can't Hear Engines

Okay I have bought myself a new computer and I have finished setting it up and that. I play FSX (Flight Simulator X) but I have one problem:

When I use my headphones I can only hear the pilots talking but I can't hear the engines or the sounds such as the 'No Smoking' sign going on and off. The engines are completely silent even though they're on.

So basically, I can hear the pilots talking and the control tower giving me instructions but I can't hear my engines or the sounds such as 'No Smoking'

If anyone gives me a solution to fix this, I'll +Rep you and give you a 48 hour trial!

PS: I'm using headphones because when I ordered the computer, I forgot to order speakers.

PPS: I have tried most things such as checking the headphones, audio output ect...

Thanks guys.

Options/settings/sound..Sounds and Voice mapped to the same output? If that doesn't help, try plugging your headset into the speaker jack around back...Don
    Last edited by fxsttcb; 12-25-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Caint Spell
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    Options/settings/sound..Sounds and Voice mapped to the same output? If that doesn't help, try plugging your headset into the speaker jack around back...Don
    do you get +rep for that?

whats wrong with the monitor? surly that has sound

Cool A solution, better late than never

You probably solved your problem a long time ago but I hope this helps those like me who are new to this and are facing the problem.

I had the problem of no engine sound playing from my F1 Tech Aircrafts and some of the default airplanes in FSX and even P3D.

I tried everything but finally:
    Since I have Asus Realtek HD Audio, i found that in "Sound Effects > Environment" you need to set that to "Generic" and the engines come on again and all is well.

It probably is the same problem with other audio cards. The problem is definitely that of the hardware not the software.

By the way you do not have to launch FSX or P3D to test this, just double click the "rpm or var" sound files of the airplanes folders in the SimObjects folder in the FSX or P3D program folders.

Enjoy.

If set up properly the only thing you hear thru headphones is ATC. All other sounds will come from the speakers. Make sure the sound device settings in control panel match the settings in Fsx.
    Bruce
    I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"