Thread: Dont believe all the hype, my opinion of demo- XPLANE 10

1. Exclamation Dont believe all the hype, my opinion of demo- XPLANE 10

first i set options to render at slightly above default -turned on frame rate and only got between 5-9 fps -same settings in my xplane 9=35fps and above is this because its demo?i fear infearior fps, that it wont run like on utube videos-Auston said its designed differntly so it utilizes this and that better -but the demo does not respond well -also the planes kc-10 still has that cheap forward view cockpit which is all wrong-rollands 747 =very good,,,,,king air c90 =very good space shuttle good, but as usual the rest of default planes seam at least in the demo to be poor =nice out side but this is a flight sim were the hell are the 3d cockpits and correctly designed at that -they are garbage like xplane 9-also i checked to hope and see improvements in the bell jetranger helo and the demo has the same garbage 1 from xplane 9-------i hope this all because its a demo or else im not spending $80 usa on this =no way -i look forward to all opinions,,for $80 US would it have been to much trouble for every plane to have been completly reworked/3d cockpits?

2. Default

In august 2006 when Microsoft released the FSX demo, how much FPS did you get ? And now in MSFS, are you still using default planes ? No add-ons ?

I'm already flying add-ons using the X-Plane 10 demo, and I ordered the complete version today.

3. Default

Fair responce -i never got the ms demo for fsx-just bought it and yes your right i never hardly use default planes-i use mostly aerosoft and captain sim level D....just hope my amd athlon 3 gig -dual core -6 gigs ram -nvidea GTX460 is enough th get good frames with out sacrificing display render settings at minimum

Quote Originally Posted by barbarotto View Post
    first i set options to render at slightly above default -turned on frame rate and only got between 5-9 fps -same settings in my xplane 9=35fps and above is this because its demo?i fear infearior fps, that it wont run like on utube videos-Auston said its designed differntly so it utilizes this and that better -but the demo does not respond well -also the planes kc-10 still has that cheap forward view cockpit which is all wrong-rollands 747 =very good,,,,,king air c90 =very good space shuttle good, but as usual the rest of default planes seam at least in the demo to be poor =nice out side but this is a flight sim were the hell are the 3d cockpits and correctly designed at that -they are garbage like xplane 9-also i checked to hope and see improvements in the bell jetranger helo and the demo has the same garbage 1 from xplane 9-------i hope this all because its a demo or else im not spending $80 usa on this =no way -i look forward to all opinions,,for $80 US would it have been to much trouble for every plane to have been completly reworked/3d cockpits?
    You can't have slightly above default settings and expect to run it like x plane 9. Default settings in X Plane 10 does not equal default settings in X Plane 9.
    Perhaps if you posted a screenshot of your settings before you pass judgement, maybe we could help you optimize.
    First of all, your system is not good enough to run XP10 at slightly higher than default settings. What shaders are you using. Do you have HDR enabled? Do you have shadows enabled? If so, which ones? AA level. AF level. So much is dependant on how it runs. I found my sweet spot and I'm hitting a minimum of 26fps with cloud details all set at 50%.
    I just wish people would stop expecting payware quality default aircraft. It aint gonna happen. Not for any sim.
    Saying they are "rubbish" is a bit strong. At least the default 747 has an FMC. I have yet to see an FMC in a default aircraft in any MSFS title.