Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Aeroworx Super King Air B200 in FSX

Default My Aeroworx Super King Air B200 in FSX

The Aeroworx's B200 is a FS9 aircraft that was modified to run in FSX. This is the best King Air plane I have come across. The model has both 2D panel (pilot and co-pilot) and VC panels, has excellent detail and functionality, and flies well. Hopefully, we will see a full featured King Air come along that is made specifically for FSX. Combined with ORBX scenery this aircraft makes for an enjoyable visual "flying" experience. Here are a few pictures of my modified Aeroworx Super King Air B200 in FSX.

1) Here is the Aeroworx Super King Air B200 waiting for boarding and flight. Beautiful model with excellent detail inside and outside. This model has a lot of features and looks good.
    2) Takeoff from Cairns International. This is an Orbx scenery airport with much detail.
    3) Picture of the B200 VC. Great detail and functionality.
    4) Enroute flight. That is Friday Harbor down there.
    5) Enroute flight. This is the Bangor area near Seattle, Washington.
    6) Enroute flight. View from the pilot's seat flying into the Rockies. This is scenery from Orbx US Central Rockies.
    7) Enroute flight heading East into Yellowstone. This too is scenery from Orbx.
    8) That is Yellowstone below. You can see the village and make out 3 geysers. Old faithful is shown directly to the left (little blur of white "light"). The other two are towards the top of the picture. Yellowstone is contained in the US Central Rockies by Orbx.
    9) Approaching Cairns International for landing. The city of Cairns is shown below. This Orbx city has a lot of fine detail. The marina / port area is interesting.
    10) Landing at Cairns International. Landing gear down, full flaps, and flaring out for touch down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide0.jpg 
Views:	994 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	112169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	112170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide2.jpg 
Views:	1069 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	112171  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide3.jpg 
Views:	864 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	112172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide4.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	112173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide5.jpg 
Views:	1020 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	112174  

Name:	Slide6.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	112175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide7.jpg 
Views:	857 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	112176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide8.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	112177  

Name:	Slide9.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	112178  

Wonderful screenies! Very welcome !

Welcome to the forum, those shots are really nice. Excellent scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by jfwright View Post
    The Aeroworx's B200 is a FS9 aircraft that was modified to run in FSX. This is the best King Air plane I have come across. The model has both 2D panel (pilot and co-pilot) and VC panels, has excellent detail and functionality, and flies well. Hopefully, we will see a full featured King Air come along that is made specifically for FSX. Combined with ORBX scenery this aircraft makes for an enjoyable visual "flying" experience. Here are a few pictures of my modified Aeroworx Super King Air B200 in FSX.

1) Here is the Aeroworx Super King Air B200 waiting for boarding and flight. Beautiful model with excellent detail inside and outside. This model has a lot of features and looks good.
    2) Takeoff from Cairns International. This is an Orbx scenery airport with much detail.
    3) Picture of the B200 VC. Great detail and functionality.
    4) Enroute flight. That is Friday Harbor down there.
    5) Enroute flight. This is the Bangor area near Seattle, Washington.
    6) Enroute flight. View from the pilot's seat flying into the Rockies. This is scenery from Orbx US Central Rockies.
    7) Enroute flight heading East into Yellowstone. This too is scenery from Orbx.
    8) That is Yellowstone below. You can see the village and make out 3 geysers. Old faithful is shown directly to the left (little blur of white "light"). The other two are towards the top of the picture. Yellowstone is contained in the US Central Rockies by Orbx.
    9) Approaching Cairns International for landing. The city of Cairns is shown below. This Orbx city has a lot of fine detail. The marina / port area is interesting.
    10) Landing at Cairns International. Landing gear down, full flaps, and flaring out for touch down.
    Hello jfwright,

What you have done is what I'm struggling with right now can you please tell me how to get that plane working in FSX the same way you have? So far I have the VC only full of holes where the meters should be and a limited number of clickable switches seem to be working. I really need the VC to work that's where I fly. I know it has to be gauge problem is there a way to avoid copying FS2004 gauges into the FSX gauge folder? I do'nt want to mix them. Please any help I'm grateful.

Thanks

5. Default

terrific screen shots. thanks.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44567&dateline=1257967602
    Maintain thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Great set of shots Jim,the King Air looks great in FSX.Welcome to the forum.

Adam

The conversion of this aircraft to FSX was challenging. Since it has been over a year since I upgraded this aircraft the details are a little fuzzy.

Here is what I remember: 1) I had to change the architecture of the panels. The 2D and VC panels are separate files that call to each other. I merged the 2D and VC panel files into one file as a solution to the panels not coming up right. I like both 2D and VC panels in my aircraft. I use the VC for takeoff/landings and the 2D for inflight operations. I have hotspots to bring up the various panels/subpanels and pop-ups as I deleted the Fast Erect pop-up simicon group. 2) All gauge files were moved to the FSX gauge folder. If you donít want to put them into the FSX gauge folder, put them in the B200 panel folders you use. 3) Each gauge in the .cab files was reviewed for Afterburner2 call outs. These must be removed or you will have right throttle problems (goes to full thottle each time you click a switch). The Afterburner call out was used for button click sounds but apparently causes problems in FSX. However, for the most part, all gauges work. You should not have any holes in your panels. I recall having to modify the HTML code on a several gauges and also changing panel ID numbers. I currently have the standard King Air 350 fuel gauges installed. 4) The Honeywell VSI/TCAS gauge needs to be removed and replaced. This gauge causes crashes. I used a standard VSI gauge and put the BFG TCAS gauge from the analog model on the copilotís panel. 5) I have not spent any time trying to get the Maintenance Module to function. 6) After all this, there is still a couple of problems. I cannot edit the .gau file and suspect it causes problems too; the parking brake periodically gives full right throttle and the AP test switch should not be used. The inside cabin windows are not transparent (they are black Ė you can see in but not out). Also, the props will allow you to see through clouds and some scenery objects. I have not been able to solve these problems and believe it to be a .MDL issue. As time permits, which is little these days, I continue to improve the upgrade. Bottom line, I can live with those draw backs and have over a hundred simulation hours on the B200. This is a terrific model that flies very well. Enjoy upgrading your B200.

8. Default

OH.
    MY.
    GOD!

I have been wanting to convert the Aeroworx B200 into FSX for forever but gave up because I just couldn't work it out. I thought the EFIS version was impossible to port, but your screenshots are amazing!

Your last post is helpful but I cannot quite understand how to do everything you say. For example, "3) Each gauge in the .cab files was reviewed for Afterburner2 call outs. These must be removed or you will have right throttle problems" - So can I confirm that I just delete the.cab files?

Also, are you able to send me the panel config for the other gauges that you deleted/edited in to make it work please?

I would be eternally grateful!!

PLEASE!
    Last edited by alexmurphy; 01-29-2012 at 09:43 AM.

That conversion is great, now I wish I not given my FS9 and aircraft for away, for free. Ah well, you got something for yourself. I guess I will wait for the C-90 from Carenado......Cheers.
    Clear Skies, Royal.
    Win7 64, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X, GSkill 8ghz, GTX560TI, WD 2t, FSX Accel, REX E, ORBX, Scenery Tech,Scene4X, Shade, UTX,GSX,Accu-feel,FSUIPC,Track IR5

Clarification of item 3. Backup your files first. Double click each cabinet (.cab) file and extract the contents to a folder with the same name. Open each HTML file within the .cab file using Internet Explorer and click on the View tab and then select Source. Review each gauge file for the AFTERBURNER2 callout. These will be located where the <Mouse> section is. Note the following HTML line: <Click>0 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER2) 0 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS)</Click>. This command turns on the cabin lights with a click. Where ever you see the "0 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER2)" callout, delete it. Delete only this information where found. If you delete other information the gauge will not work as designed. When you are done modifying all the HTML files within the extracted .cab file, either recreate a .cab file or leave it as a folder and put it into the FSX gauge folder.

Only three gauges were replaced: the Honeywell VSI/TCAS gauge, both engine ignition switches (use the default KingAir ones), and the fuel gauges (I now use the fuel gauges from the King Air 300 freeware model). All other gauges, features, and lighting work just fine. The .gau file is used for the EHSI, EADI, AP, and many VC switches. Leave this gauge file alone. However, be advised that clicking some switches in the VC will give full right throttle. I keep all my switch throwing to the 2D panels and Pop-Up windows. I worked around the VC Parking Brake switch problem by putting a different Parking Brake gauge on the 2D PIC switch panel (I don't use the VC parking brake any more). The AP Test Switch I covered up with a Fuel Status Gauge. This leaves only two problems: the propellers seeing through clouds/various scenery objects and the black inside cabin windows. See pictures below on what to expect.

Couple of other notes: The aux tank switch does not show the aux fuel level. This gauge in FSX will only show the total available fuel in each tank. Also, the OAT's blue button blanks the gauge display when trying to show the temperature in Fahrenheit. The Celsius part works fine. I will fix both these problems as time permits. That's pretty much it. This is a realistic model that is fun to fly; it will always have a home in my FSX hangar.

Pictures 1 - 3 show the two remaining problems in porting the Aeroworx King Air B200 from FS9 to FSX.

1) This picture shows an example of the propellers "seeing" through clouds. This condition only occurs external to the aircraft. See picture 2.
    2) This shows a view through the propellers from the VC. The view is normal. I believe this to be a .MDL issue.
    3) Shows the black cabin windows from inside the cabin. From the outside there is no problem. I have tried different textures and playing with the Alpha channel but no luck in solving this issue.
    4) The King Air B200 eager for flight.
    5) View of the Co-Pilot's 2D VFR panel with a custom Flight Notebook and Checklist booklet. Handy items. Flight Notes keeps flight plans, airport/VOR information, and various aircraft performance data available for inflight use. The Checklist is work in progress and needs the emergency procedures added.
    6) View of the Co-Pilot's 2D VFR panel with the Auto Pilot window open. Note the freeware Fuel Status gauge location. It covers up the AP test button and prevents its use.
    7) View of the Pilot's 2D VFR panel with the Fuel Gauge and GPS windows open. I have several panels with different gauges installed. This model is equiped with weather radar so I use a hand held GPS 295 to keep the vintage panel look. I have another panel that uses a Sandel 3308 in place of the EHSI. That makes a nice combination in keeping the weather radar and vintage panel look too.
    8) Night view of the VC panel from the Co-Pilot's seat. All gauges are nicely lit and easy to read.
    9) Just a fun shot on why flying a twin can be a good thing. That is some nasty terrain down there.
    10) The King Air getting ready for another flight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 0.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	119315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	119316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	119317  

Name:	Picture 3.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	119318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	119319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 5.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	119320  

Name:	Picture 6.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	119321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 7.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	119322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 8.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	119323  

Name:	Picture 9.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	119324