Just joined the forum and so thought I would introduce myself. I am from the UK, have a PPL(A) and just finished the exams for the ATPL also. Will soon be undertaking the CPL and then an IR.
In the meantime I am thinking about building a simulator but not sure whether my ambitions in this regard are achievable!! I have a very basic set up at the moment with a single PC, a yoke and a set of pedals but would like to build something bigger and better!! Not in a great rush so time is on my side and that way the cost can be managed incrementally.
To start me off could the more experienced guys give me a feel for whether I in cloud cuckoo land if was to set out to do the folllowing:-
1. I would like to project the view of the outside world onto a wall in front of the aircraft
2. I would like to have a half aircraft (possibly built from wood and painted) to house the controls
3. I would like full size seats and decent pedals
4. I would like analogue instruments
5. I would like to set it up like a twin (e.g. a Seneca) and make it reasonably realistic
Is this achievable as a home built sim?
If so can anyone point me in the right direction for how I would get started?