Thread: GNS 430 in Carenado Baron - How to Use

1. Default GNS 430 in Carenado Baron - How to Use

Hi - I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to use the Garmin 430 GPS in the Carenado's Beech Baron. Can anyone direct me to a user-guide or tutorial on how to use it in FSX? I've watched the various videos on youtube but Carenado's version of the GPS lacks certain buttons etc.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi and welcome Frank. Garmin has some manuals for download at their site. http://www8.garmin.com/products/manu...t=010-00139-11 . Perhaps they might help. Carenado's version of the 430 is not full fuctional - many use this excellent payware addon instead: http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/...xpl/index.html
    Regards, Kendall

Quote Originally Posted by fbavent View Post
    Hi - I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to use the Garmin 430 GPS in the Carenado's Beech Baron. Can anyone direct me to a user-guide or tutorial on how to use it in FSX? I've watched the various videos on youtube but Carenado's version of the GPS lacks certain buttons etc.

Thanks,

Frank
    Carenado items ALWAYS lack functionality. What is it you are having trouble with?

4. Default

I'm having trouble entering alphanumeric characters into the GNS 430. I see the blinking cursor when I hit the Direct-To button and cannot figure out how to enter a waypoint, ils approach etc. How do you enter A through Z or 0-9 into the GPS?

It's all done with the mouse, same as with the default offerings. From the blinking cursor, click on the larger of the knobs and the waypoint ID box will highlight the first digit. USe the smaller knob to scroll through the choices(ABC123) then the larger knob again to move to the second digit, and so on. I'm not in front of the sim pc at the moment but you may find that you can, like with the default GPS, simply type the letters or numbers directly from the keyboard once the cursor is activated in the first field.