Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to extend leading edge slats?

1. Default Is there a way to extend leading edge slats?

I can't find any keys to extend them, or buttons on the panels. Anyone know how?

Quote Originally Posted by colinlewis92 View Post
    I can't find any keys to extend them, or buttons on the panels. Anyone know how?
    Which aircraft? FSX version?

The F5 through F8 function keys are universal controllers for the flaps. F7; increase flaps one notch at a time. F6; decrease one notch at a time. F8; full flaps. F5; flaps fully retracted. The aircraft in question may (probably does) have controls of its own on the panel.

That being said, I don't know of any separate control for the leading edge slats; they extend in an automatic sequence, coordinated with the trailing edge flaps, which is dictated by the designer. You could probably do something by getting into the aircraft .cfg file, but I'm not taking the responsibility of leading you into that.

My advice would be to stay with the function keys and trust that the designer knew how to set things up.

If the a/c has them, they are auto deployed with the normal flaps key unless the developer programs a specific key for it.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T 2 x EVGAGTX780 SLI Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by vgbaron View Post
    If the a/c has them, they are auto deployed with the normal flaps key unless the developer programs a specific key for it.

Vic
    As we still don't know which aircraft is being referred to, this may or may not, be the case. The Messerschmitt Bf108 and the Tiger Moth both feature leading edge slats. Both deploy automatically and are not slaved to flap controls.

Most of the big airliners use the first notch of flap as the slats trigger. Some addons don't.

So the poster needs to provide more information.

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    ...The Messerschmitt Bf108 and the Tiger Moth both feature leading edge slats. Both deploy automatically and are not slaved to flap controls...
    'tis because the designer included that function in the model. There are no seperate controls for leading edge slats available in the sim. As Vic noted; they have to be custom scripted by the developer using "Local"(L:Var) variables if they are not tied to the flaps function.
    The plane's panel may have a slat control. Some developers also create a custom control for it. The readme should explain it's use...Don
    Last edited by fxsttcb; 07-31-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), HD 7970
    64GB Vengeance @ 1666MHz, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

7. Default

I am talking about just a regular 737 or something. So the slats automatically deploy with the flaps then?

Blog Entries

Since it's the default 737 then answer is "yes". Slats are activated along with the flaps.

Quote Originally Posted by colinlewis92 View Post
    I am talking about just a regular 737 or something. So the slats automatically deploy with the flaps then?
    Yes, slats are deployed as the first stage of flap operation. Just go to external view and watch and you can see how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    As we still don't know which aircraft is being referred to, this may or may not, be the case. The Messerschmitt Bf108 and the Tiger Moth both feature leading edge slats. Both deploy automatically and are not slaved to flap controls.

Most of the big airliners use the first notch of flap as the slats trigger. Some addons don't.

So the poster needs to provide more information.
    I tend to answer a general question in a general manner. For what he was asking, he got a correct answer. For a specific a/c - you are correct - it depends.

When someone asks the time, I try not to tell them how the watch works.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 3770K @ 4.73ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 16G G.Skill 1600 7-8-7-24 2T 2 x EVGAGTX780 SLI Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF 942 - Corsiar H100i Liquid Cooler W7 64 Home Premium.