Thread: FSX Randomly Crashes

1. Exclamation FSX Randomly Crashes

Hello I have an Acer Aspire 574G Laptop with
    1gb Nvidia GT420M Graphics Card
    Win 7
    Intel i7 Processor
    Win 7 64bit Home Premium
    640gb Hard Drive

When i am flying on FSX at some random time in flight it crashes. Its sometimes when I click or lower flaps though it is rlly annoying, usually happens 20-30 mins into flight.
    When i check the event log this is what i get
    Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x1ccc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc4490c2ea287a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: ebc6b36c-b089-11e0-8111-60eb6950785f

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a pc with windows 7 64 bit. I think its something to do with the UI.dll.
    search the forun for crash to desktop.
    That may help.
    I think

Have you added the uiatuomationcore fix? If not, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ folder(where fsx.exe is).
    Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Coudl also be a faulty logbook. Check forum for details of recovery.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    Have you added the uiatuomationcore fix? If not, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ folder(where fsx.exe is).
    Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs...Don
    I will be sure to try that ASAP. Also is it an official microsoft patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cohen200000 View Post
    ... Also is it an official microsoft patch?
    No. It also isn't a cure-all for all FSX problems, but it may help and certainly won't hurt if placed in the correct folder as described above.

I also have a major problem with random crashes and have tried both .dll (Vista and Windows 7 ) and neither worked for me. I have noticed however that 99 percent of the crashes happen when I use Aerosoft Airbus X A320, an outstanding plane and super easy to fly. When I use any other plane with any other airfield and no matter what flight plan, I seem to have NO crashes at all. Perhaps your particular problem has to do with your plane selection. I have seen more post regarding this crash problem than I HAVE FINGERS AND TOES BUT NOT A SINGLE ONE mentions what type of plane is being used although every other bit of info seems to be included. This might have something to do with it.
    I also realize that it may not be the type of plane so much in that the Aerosoft X A320 is actually a whole piece of very intricate software in itself,and THAT may be the problem even though it still only contains the same files as every other that is needed for complete planes.

This crash problem seems to have been going on for a few years and I am not sure anyone yet has figured out the exact root of the problem. The .dll files suggested seem to cause as many problems as solutions or lack thereof by as many people who are struggling with the problem including myself and I have tried every suggestion as to what files to include them in , or even to omit them from, in virtually every post that I have come across relative to this, including omitting them from the System 32 and SysWOW64 folders which proved quite a task in itself, as several lines of commands need to be first input using the cmd DOS prompt to take possession of the folders and files therein.
    There are even just as many folks that claim only the Vista .dll works as there are that only the windows one works. And the opposite is true also. Go figure.
    IN case you would like the "other" .dll it is ver 6.0.5840.16386 ---- and an even third different one in my Windows 7 64 Pro, system 32, and the WOW folder was 6.1.7600.16385

So far, with those removed from my system folders ( which I caution anyone from fooling around with as do most others) I have found no problems with any other functions or programs.....YET.

If anyone ACTUALLY finds out what the source of the problem is I would also be glad to hear about it.

The uiatuomationcore is the fix for User Interface command problems ONLY. Most usually Mouse/Menu/Key commands. It is not a cure-all as Paxx has already stated.
    The .dll that I linked and it's placement is a known good fix. FSX will look within it's own folder for the required libraries first before engaging the system folders.

I suggest you do not remove, replace, alter, or otherwise molest any Operating System files.
    That can and will cause issues totally unrelated to FSX and will not help your sim one iota...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

9. Default

Turn UAC off and right click FSX to run as administrator - the error indicates an access violation; it could be software but is probably a permissions issue.

DJ