Thread: FSX iFly test Oslo-Manchester

1. Default FSX iFly test Oslo-Manchester

It's been a long time since the last screenshot contribution from Seattle but I'm back, this time with a fresh installation of FSX and my home cockpit fully operative!

Yes, I know there is a lack of creativity with these camera shots but still thought I'd share some pictures from my trip between Oslo and Manchester i ettermiddag.

Be well my friends!

One of the passengers on the right side snapped this picture on our way up to a cruising altitude of 34000 feet.

Some back and forth between the right and left side. Beautiful flying conditions depicted from the ASE weather engine.

This should look good on a post card.

I liked the way this picture enhanced the water reflections. Once again thanks to REX.

Beautiful livery, right?

Just passing 10000 ft on our way down to EGCC.

Another really cool shot of the sun!

We have runway in sight!

Almost there. Textbook trip.

I now have to get ready for the next trip. Where to now???
    Andre Nordheim - Flyboyandre on Youtube

2. Default

Here are a few more shots from the same trip.

Aside from the terribly annoying VC clickspots the iFly 737 is a very impressive simulation. I enjoyed your testflight very much.
    Cheese War Enthusiast.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeh View Post
    Aside from the terribly annoying VC clickspots the iFly 737 is a very impressive simulation. I enjoyed your testflight very much.
    I know what you're saying but I simply just turn off all panels and let the MCPPro take care of the systems for me. I also use my home made overhead panel to control all those functions so no issues there

Nothing wrong with those screenshots at all Andre,they look just fine,nice job and welcome back.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by flyboyandre View Post
    I know what you're saying but I simply just turn off all panels and let the MCPPro take care of the systems for me. I also use my home made overhead panel to control all those functions so no issues there
    Your a lucky guy. Can we see some pictures of your home cockit/setup?
    Cheese War Enthusiast.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeh View Post
    Your a lucky guy. Can we see some pictures of your home cockit/setup?
    Here is a short video clip of the setup. I have made modifications since, including replacing the autopilot module with a goflight mcp-pro and a projector screen instead of the 3 main view monitors.
    Will try to get a new clip or some new pictures up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdtrP...e_gdata_player

Nice flight, great screenies, thanks for sharing

9. Default

Here are a few pictures of the setup as it stands today. I'm in the process of making a completely new throttle quadrant, hence why I have my goFlight throttle listed on e-bay. I've said many times before, this is not comparable to some of the professional cockpits you see out there, rather a very universal cockpit system that allows me to fly nearly any plane and presents itself with the opportunity to switch between FS2004, FSX and X-Plane.

The entire simulator takes up about a third of my garage, is fully insulated for the winter months, in addition to featuring powerful fans to move the air outside during a summer flight.

The machine park is located externally within its own secure cabinet. The main computer on the left runs the simulator and OS itself while the 3 Dell machines provides instrumentation via the network.

Quick view from the entry door. Notice the projector platform just above the entrance.

My very own homemade overhead panel. This allows me to fully utilize any add-on aircraft overheads via FSUIPC mousetrapping.

Here is a snapshot of the Pedestal and bottom MIP. Basic equipment, including a mix of CH, Saitek, GoFlight and the OpenCockpits CDU. The landing gear system is also completely home made. Yes, I know that one of the green LED caps are missing. Forgot to replace it after I seated the lights in the MIP.

ps76 Guest

Hi!

Many thanks for the post. I have a long way to go before my Fs looks anything like that. Very crisp shots in general. My favourites are the wing views, just like being a passenger!

Many thanks

Pierre