Thread: FSX Static objects library

Default FSX Static objects library

I'm trying to get the rwy 12 object library files into FSX. The instructions for FS9 say to delete the static objects library folder under Addon Scenery/Static Objects Library, and replace with the Rwy12 objects library folder. Only problem is in FSX, this folder doesn't seem to exist under Addon Scenery. Can someone tell me what the right folder is for the static objects library? I'm guessing it's somehow related to sim objects, but I am not sure.

Thanks

Win 7-64, i7 26K OC to 4.4GHz
    8GB DDR3/1600 memory
    GTX 580 1.5 GB EVGA Superclocked
    3 monitor with TH2G

Quote Originally Posted by dfreemanfso View Post
    I'm trying to get the rwy 12 object library files into FSX. The instructions for FS9 say to delete the static objects library folder under Addon Scenery/Static Objects Library, and replace with the Rwy12 objects library folder. Only problem is in FSX, this folder doesn't seem to exist under Addon Scenery. Can someone tell me what the right folder is for the static objects library? I'm guessing it's somehow related to sim objects, but I am not sure.

Thanks
    I can't imagine the instructions for any RWY12 library stating that you should "delete" an existing Ststic Objects Library folder. Normally you would just add items to it (bgls in the scenery subfolder and textures in the texture subfolder).

In any case the folder named Static Objects Library is not a default folder - you have to create it (with scenery and texture subfolders) and place it in your Addon Scenery folder (which you should have).

After doing that and placing any bgls and textures in the proper subfolders as noted above, the Static Objects Library must be activated (added) via the Scenery Library dialogue within FSX (Settings/Scenery Library).

Hope that is not too confusing.

Just curious though - what is the name of the file which you download that has those "strange" instructions?
    David "Opa" Marshall