Thread: AI in air refueling

Default AI in air refueling

I recently added a KC-135 to FSX. It included a flight plan file called Traffic_KSAN_KLAS_KSAN.bgl ..instructions stated to but this file into FSX/SCENERY/WORLD/SCENERY folder..then at different set times i could see it take off from KSAN to KLAS and simulate aerial refueling. I loaded up the F18 and headed to KSAN at 18:00 GMT as stated in the instructions...but the KC-135 never showed up. Am I missing anything? Have traffic set to 50% for both civilian and commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorj View Post
    I recently added a KC-135 to FSX. It included a flight plan file called Traffic_KSAN_KLAS_KSAN.bgl ..instructions stated to but this file into FSX/SCENERY/WORLD/SCENERY folder..then at different set times i could see it take off from KSAN to KLAS and simulate aerial refueling. I loaded up the F18 and headed to KSAN at 18:00 GMT as stated in the instructions...but the KC-135 never showed up. Am I missing anything? Have traffic set to 50% for both civilian and commercial.
    Try higher settings on your Traffic sliders - or decompile the Traffic file with the free Traffic Tools utility (by Lee Swordy) and check what percentage is called for in the flightplan part of the decompiled files.
    David "Opa" Marshall

I recently added a KC-135 to FSX.
    Does the plane itself show up correctly ? If it's a dedicated AI model, you can always try adding a panel folder to check if it's installed correctly.
    Also, if you post the package name or a link, someone could check it out.

Wim

I tried again with all AI aircraft sliders set to 100%. Still no luck. The file I am using is
    KC135T.zip over at Simviation http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...135T&x=15&y=12

instructions states should work with AI set to 1% or higher. It is not a dedicated AI model..I can load and fly the aircraft just fine.

Flight plan reads KSAN-KLAS at 02:00 UTC (19h00 Local Pacific DST ??? Sorry, I'm Belgian) and returns KLAS-KSAN 03:40 UTC .
    Programmed AI density is 1%.

[EDIT]There's an obsolete readme file with the download indeed (with the 18:00 GMT). Just ignore it.

Wim
    Last edited by f16jockey_2; 06-01-2011 at 04:04 PM.

this is what i was going by..this text file is in the documents folder

Traffic folder
    ----------------------------------
    I have included a traffic file (for FS2004 only) with three KC-135T flightplans. All flights are from San Diego Intl-Lindbergh (KSAN) to San Francisco Intl (KSFO):

1. Default KC-135T model departs at 18:00 GMT
    2. Model with Boom Extended departs at 19:00 GMT
    3. Model with Drogue Extended departs at 20:00 GMT

and then fly back at:

1. Default KC-135T model : 22:00 GMT
    2. Model with Boom Extended : 23:00 GMT
    3. Model with Drogue Extended: 00:00 GMT

All flights are present at 1% Traffic Density setting or more and fly at FL160.

To INSTALL this flightplans, copy "Traffic_kc135rt.bgl" from "...FS9/Aircraft/kc135rt/Traffic" folder to "...FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery" folder and restart Flight Simulator if necesarry.

Then you can follow this AI planes and with model 2. and 3. simulate air refueling. Remember to turn Detect Collisions setting to OFF.

Is this just for FS9? I did not see an updated readme for FSX

I did however install FS recorder...i can fly the KC135T myself...run it as AI and have my fun that way, would prefer to have it take off by itself as AI traffic though.

Quote Originally Posted by f16jockey_2 View Post
    Flight plan reads KSAN-KLAS at 02:00 UTC (19h00 Local Pacific DST ??? Sorry, I'm Belgian) and returns KLAS-KSAN 03:40 UTC .
    Programmed AI density is 1%.

[EDIT]There's an obsolete readme file with the download indeed (with the 18:00 GMT). Just ignore it.

Wim
    Sorry...posted that last message before reading your edit. Thanks

thanks for all the help. THe KC135T does indeed leave KSAN for Las Vegas at 1900 local PST.

BTW....how can you turn off the view indicator in the upper right corner of the screenshot?

sorry for the blurry screenshot..wasn't sure how big a file I could upload...so I compressed it a bit too much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	refuel3.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	100383  
    Last edited by Jorj; 06-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.

9. Default

BTW....how can you turn off the view indicator in the upper right corner of the screenshot?
    The red view indicator letters will go away after a few seconds, but as to completely turning them off I don't know. I will see if I can glance around the settings to do that.

Blog Entries

In FSX.cfg...

[Display]
    ChangeTime=4.000000 // the default

This seems to be a value that is 1/4 of the total time the messages are displayed.

ChangeTime=.25 gives me almost exactly 1 second.

setting it to 0 will effectively turn it off

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro