Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skyspirit 747-8I

Question Skyspirit 747-8I

I have been unsuccessful in getting this plane to take off from KPHL: 140+ knots, 20% flaps, which is the successful combo for other POSKY 747s. It goes screaming down the runway only to go right into the Delaware River. I have reduced fuel (emptying the center tank of 140,000 lbs of fuel) with no success. I even tried FULL flaps, NADA ... It's like it's stuck to the runway. The freighter version (747-8F) takes right off w/o difficulty.

This is a "bare bones" install, downloaded from Flightsim ...

Any suggestions?

2. Default

What speed is the takeoff speed and what is the maximum takeoff weight? The intercontinental must be hard to get off the ground with all that fuel. Try a longer runway, like go to Edwards AFB. That should get 'er up. Good luck.

3. Default

Did you set your trim? Someone else had this problem and that was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm1999 View Post
    Did you set your trim? Someone else had this problem and that was the issue.
    Hi,

Setting the trim (+ 1.0) seems to be the solution. I now need a few more takeoffs to see what other tweeks are required.

Thanks for the suggestion !

Question

Where can I find this Skyspirit 747-8I?

Hello,

Officially it's only the F version released
    http://www.freeskyproject.com/files/category/95-747-8
    The I is not available
    Nothing in the WIP
    http://www.freeskyproject.com/forum/...cial-previews/

But in the Flightsim library .....

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners
    FS2004 Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
    [ Download | View ]

Name: ssp748v4_genx_n6067e.zip Size: 14,211,949 Date: 03-21-2011 Downloads: 1,814
    FS2004 Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental, in The Boeing Company first flight livery, registration N6067E. SkySpirit2011 B747-8I model features dynamic flexing wings, independent tire rotation, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, animated tilting bogies, animated thrust reversers, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles when cargo doors are open, and more. Model by Hiroshi Igami. Flight dynamics by Warren C. Daniel, Brandon D. Henry. 747 series masters: Corey Ford, Yosuke Ube. Painted by Yosuke Ube. Advanced modeling tool by Jakob Klein.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 03-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

Adjust your fuel weight until you get it like you want it, If it's overweight.

8. Default

I have this problem too and i have set the trim to +1 and flaps to 20 and adjusted the fuel and payload. The main gear lifts of at around 155-160 knots but the nose gear just sticks to the ground like super glue no matter what you do. I tried different trim settings but to no use. I almost had it by now and hoping for an updated FDE or something. The only way i can fly this bird is to start of with another aircraft and then in the air change to the 747-8I. Then everything is fine and landing is no problem.

Hello,

It's not the first post about the problem in this forum.
    I have already answered ...
    I have not problem at all for fly (take off) this plane with full payload and full fuel allowance.

Demo video .......
    http://www.simteevee.com/watch.php?mdid=1581&t=TEST
    Or download from:
    http://www.4shared.com/video/ZAQ76V1...I_TEST-TO.html

Or
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...Skyspirit-2011

Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 05-13-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

10. Default

yeah i have the same problem with the 747-8i the nose gears sticks to the ground but i have no clue how to adjust the trim in the cfg. HELP PLEASE