Thread: S l o w

Default S l o w

This forum has slowed to a crawl over the past couple of weeks, taking literally minutes to do anything. I almost didn't bother posting this because it took so long! What's going on?!

I cant say i have the same, nice and fast for me other than the ad server being a little slow now and then ( 3 or 4 times ), if you use Virgin media as your isp then that explains everything as they tend to drop connections to the usa most of the time, I use to be with them but not any more due to there back bone network being the worst in the uk, im with BT now, very pricey but it seems i dont get capped in speed where VM do cap.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

Ha, there are worse ISPs than Virgin. We used to be with Orange (which was more like a lemon). No problems since we switched to o2 though.

Orange was slow, forever cutting out and it took me months to rid myself from them. They refused to accept termination whatever way I tried to give it to them and then went on a spree of threatening me with service bills for 3 months after I told them I had cancelled, switched to o2 and hadn't been using their service for weeks.

Mark. Can I suggest that you reset your router. This sometimes clears any cache issues that might be affecting access to certain sites.

IAN
    Q9550 @ 3.78 GHz with Gainward GTX570 1.25 Gig DRAM
    4 Gig DDR2 RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit
    FSX SP2
    Resolution 1680 X 1050 X32

Been fast for me all day, even from work.

Jim you must remember we live the other side of the big pond so depending on isp and network load over here it can have a major play in response times when we view the flightsim forum.

My trace to here is about 120ms which is very very good at this time of night in the UK ( to many kids over here want their p2p music, movies and games ).

Plus i know some of the pipe sizes that VM use to connect to the USA based on certain routes the data takes and its small, a Cessna 152 is small but im talking smaller than that
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d