Thread: HDG and OBS setting problem

Default HDG and OBS setting problem

Recently DL'ed the FS2004 Socata TBM-700 and it's update for FSX.

It uses the Baron HSI. Noticed the heading and obs adjust knobs worked only in increments of 10deg. No problem I thought, have my own knobs, but they did the same...

Looking further into that, found out the HEADING_BUG_INC and HEADING_BUG_DEC events had been changed to increments of 10 (same with OBS1 settings). Probably something in the TBM-700 panel, but can't look at it as it's a gau-file.

Any idea what can be causing this, and how to reset to normal so I can use the "normal" gauges?

In meantime changed my knob code to (roughly explained)
    (A:Autopilot Heading Lock Dir,degrees) 1 + (>K:Heading_Bug_Set)
    so the panel is workable, just curious on the above.

Wim

I might be way off base, but if I remember correctly (questionable) you would left-click for increments of 10 and right-click for increments of 1

I think it was this plane that behaved this way, if I can find it I will test,....if.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do?
    Farewell, my freind (sp)

This behavior is typically a result of some poorly coded/scripted gauge that's generating a "race condition," that is some event is being continuously fired, flooding the panel system with repeated commands at an 18Hz rate...

...this leaves FS panel system with no time to process any other command events.

Doug Dawson released a free tool several years ago that will help identify what event is at fault: event_logger.gau
    fsx_event_logger.zip available at AVSIM.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Thanks Bill, you're spot on.

The logger showed a constant stream of KEY_RADIO_VOR1(and VOR2)_IDENT_DISABLE and KEY_PITOT_HEAT_ON or _OFF events.

Dunno what caused the first, but could solve it by sheer luck, replacing the KMA24H Audio Selector gauge by one I've made lately for another panel.

The latter was probably caused by misprogramming of the two pitot heat switches.
    It's a gau-file, so can't look into it, but probably the switches were coded similar to

Code:

(L:Pitot1 On,bool) (L:Pitot2 On,bool) || if{ (>K:PITOT_HEAT_ON) } els{ (>K:PITOT_HEAT_OFF) }
    This causes a constant flood of events.

So made new switches with XML-code reading

Code:

(L:Pitot1 On,bool) (L:Pitot2 On,bool) || (A:Pitot Heat,Bool) != if{ (>K:Pitot_Heat_Toggle) }
    So no problems anymore, can use the HEADING_BUG_INC, _DEC and similar OBS events again, VOR1 and VOR2 identity works, and so does the pitot heating.

Now for another problem, on which I'll probably get a NJET.
    The orginal switches also triggered a warning light on a general annuciator panel in the cockpit. Is it possible to figure out what internal variables have to be set so that the annunciator panel responds to my newly made switches ???

Best regards, and thanks again.

Wim
    Last edited by f16jockey_2; 02-23-2011 at 12:10 PM.

If that annunciator light is an element of a compiled C (.gau) file, then it's definitely not possible.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

As I'd expected. Thanks anyway.
    If the rest of the annuciator responds to "more or less normal" FSX events maybe I rewrite it.

Wim