Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Flight Sim scam?

1. Default IRIS Flight Sim scam?

I purchased the F-14 download over two weeks ago. After 1 week I didn't receive anyy download info. Looked on their web site at my account and have been checking my email. I started a service ticket and I got a response asking for my order number and after that, nothing. It's bee over two weeks and I still don't have the download but they've had my $30. Any advice from anyone? Am I missing something? Very frustrating!!

Hi,
    I experienced something similar.
    During their Christmas $5 AUD sale, I purchased three items. The last one (placed mid-Dec) was for their F16, but it is still now showing as a pre-purchase.
    IRIS recommended that I transfer funds via PayPal, which I did immediately and successfully.
    My two support tickets plus emails have been totally ignored.
    I am annoyed with the situation, and my loss was much less than yours. I have now given up checking my order.
    It's not the moment to comment on the quality of the product, though for me the quality of their customer care is questionnable.
    I acknowledge that parts of Australia have been through very difficult times recently.
    Fabs

sadly since there big $5 sale they have had more than one issue and they have had to shut down parts of there web site at times to cope with a not so nice back lash of spam bots etc...

If you send them the transaction number, date and rough time of purchase and you can also contact paymate.com ( this is the money handler ) they can provide you with the transaction number you need as this will be the same as iris has.

Have you gone to their store front and logged in to check if you order was listed as you can download it from there as there email might be classed as spam by your spam/email host spam filters ( i get the same with captain sim being classed as spam )

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/index.php
    Click my account, log in and and it should list your most recent order, if you click view it will provide you with a download link.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

Blog Entries

Sometimes the paymate/paypal combination can be at fault for waiting for a 'check' to cash.

IRIS is not a scam, I've purchased a few of their products before and during the 5$ sale before christmas. This is most likely not their fault, and has to do with the payment system. Transactions are automated.

Don't EVER expect a response to your support ticket. I took one out a long time ago and never heard a word back. I know of others who have never heard anything after taking out a support ticket.

IRIS=good and not a scam. I enjoy my IRIS products.
    IRIS support=PROVEN NON-EXISTENT (from first and second-hand knowledge)
    FAA Certified Flight Instructor, ATP/Commercial Pilot and Airframe/Powerplant mechanic CFI/CFII/MEII/ATP-MEL/A&P
    American Corporate Pilot

AMD X6 1090T black edition CPU, liquid cooled
    NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5Gb GPU
    8G DDR3-1600 RAM
    3TB storage, plain hard drives

Hi,
    Thanks, I realise that their purchase system failed due to the huge quantity of orders. They were very clear about this. They asked me to use PayPal as a test as they were considering it as a viable alternative to Paymate.
    I had a number of two-way email conversations with IRIS using their standard address, so my emails were getting through.
    However, my support tickets were totally ignored. To me, that's harsh when you consider that our FS community is generally friendly, and reliant on feedback, recommendations and reviews.
    To be honest, I'll leave it there. My $5 loss isn't worth the follow-up, and in all likelihood I probably wouldn't fly the F16. In fact, my IRIS DA40, PC9 and Vulcan aren't being flown because of the bad feeling (apologies, I successfully purchased three IRIS products at $5 AUD; it's the fourth that failed). It's fair to say though that the IRIS products that I sampled were quite nice, especially considering the purchase price.
    Fabs

I bought 2 planes, the A-10 and the F-16 at their 5$ christmas sale and it all worked qiute well, I got the downloads immediatley.
    Best regards from Germany
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1; Asus P8P67 Pro; Intel i5-2500k@ 4,6 GHz; Scythe Mudgen II CPU Cooler; Nvidia GTX 260; 4 GB Mushkin Bklackline; Fs2004+FSX

I have 7 in total, one was from flightsimstore but the other 6 was direct from iris and not all in one go and no issues, only a delay on my password as i forgot it.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ccryan9999 View Post
    I purchased the F-14 download over two weeks ago. After 1 week I didn't receive anyy download info. Looked on their web site at my account and have been checking my email. I started a service ticket and I got a response asking for my order number and after that, nothing. It's bee over two weeks and I still don't have the download but they've had my $30. Any advice from anyone? Am I missing something? Very frustrating!!
    I'm in the exact same boat , I ordered the a10 and f16 , put in a support ticket to IRIS and Paymate with no response from either . My account still says prepayment and it's been almost 2 weeks . I did see that the IRIS owner is having health troubles , i hope that's the cause of the problems and it's not just down to shoddy customer service .

I got the F14 and F16 during the $5 xmas sale, i got serial # and download links imediately. even though icant use either right now, i have both files downloaded in archive and they are good to go as soon as i upgrade my pc for fsx.

did you check your junk mail folder ? you may have deleted the email with the serial and download link. I use paypal so everything comes at one time receipt product and confirmation!

10. Default

Yep , I've checked my junk box and there is nothing at all , only the payment confirmation from paymate and that's it .