Thread: CESSNA 421 GOLDEN EAGLE

stvy1dr Guest

Default CESSNA 421 GOLDEN EAGLE

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-02 AT 11:18PM (EDT)[/font][p]Just noticed something about the landing lights. There are 3 i believe, one nose wheel and two on end wings. Now, how do i pull up the wings lights and nose, at the same time? So if you look the wing lights, they point straight down, is this a bug? Please tell me, didnt see anything on this in docs., thanks
    steve

2. Default RE: CESSNA 421 GOLDEN EAGLE

Steve:

While in outside, spot view with lights on, hit the foward "slash" key. (/)

Nose gear (taxi) light is independent of the wing lights, and only "disappears" when gear are retracted.

Hope this helps!

;-)

Ben Beverly
    421C Beta Test Pilot

[link:bbb1.inkeeper.net|Ben's Hangar]

stvy1dr Guest

Default RE: CESSNA 421 GOLDEN EAGLE

Hi Ben, well lets see here, i click on taxi lights, i click on landing lights, i see taxi coming from nose gear, i see landing coming from nose gear and wings. The wing lights are pointing down on the ground. How do i pull up the wing lights to match the taxi, and landing on nose?? Can you help? Havent you noticed spot plane view, that the wing lights are pointing down?
    Now if i pulled the wing lights up, the nose light goes up in the air. thanks if you can help

Simon Evans Guest

The wing lights are swung into position using the button on the 421 Control Panel. The lights on the nosweheel retract with the nosewhee. On/Off is controlled elsewhere.

It's in the manual.

Simon Evans

5. Default RE: CESSNA 421 GOLDEN EAGLE

Steve:

Not quite sure I'm following you here, but I'll offer some pics that hopefully will make things clearer for you.

First, we have only the taxi (nose gear) light turned on in the control panel:

http://bbb1.inkeeper.net/Flight1/Taxi_Lt.jpg

Note the taxi light's intensity which is correct for it's intended use.

Next, I've turned on the landing lights using the LDG switch in the control panel:

http://bbb1.inkeeper.net/Flight1/Land_Lt.jpg

Notice the beam of the landing lights is pointing straight down, and also the intensity of the taxi light has increased significantly.

Here I have hit the forward slash key (/) and the landing lights have swung down and forward:

http://bbb1.inkeeper.net/Flight1/LL_Fwd.jpg

You'll also notice if the LDG switch is turned on, the taxi light will automatically be illuminated regardless of the position of the taxi light switch in the control panel.

Hope this clears things up!

Regards,

Ben Beverly
    421C Beta Test Pilot

[link:bbb1.inkeeper.net|Ben's Hangar]

stvy1dr Guest

Thank you very much. You see im a professional artist, so some things dont seem clear, right side brain. Thank you for your time, .....so when in Vegas, i'll point you to the machine thats paying, :-jumpy
    steve
    KLAS