African Safari Part 1 (3 Parts wait for the finish)
I decided to showcase a collection of SAA aircraft old and new and what better way then a South African Safari, so get to Heathrow and I will pick you up and fly you to my country.
1. Well while you are all getting your stuff together I am flying from Cape Town to Heathrow in the Boeing 747-200 Combi.
2. I have to admit he 747 is a very classy aircraft and that is from an Airbus fan.
3. The Helderberg was a lovely looking bird.
4. Heading into the evening and I will see you all in the morning for an early departure.
5. I said early... The Airbus A340-300 and we are heading back for Johannesburg. I remember seeing SAA’s top gun pilot Skully Levin flying this aircraft over the Cricket fields at the South African version of the 50 over a side World Cup on its delivery flight to South Africa.
6. Now that is a pretty sight.
7. Almost a tad early on the touchdown.
8. And we are down without too much fuss.
9. Next day and its time to go way back in time. The Avro York in a very early SAA livery.
10. She flies so beautifully for such a big old girl.
Part 2 follows