Indian Airlines flight 317 is a DC-3 flying fom Mandalay Burma to Calcutta, India’s Dum Dum airport (VYCZ - VECC). We have 500 gallons of fuel onboard and the flight time is about two hours and nineteen minutes for the 489 mile trip. We expect fair-weather with moderate cloud cover en route.
Aircraft: DC-3 is FS9 standard with Trev Morson updates and painted by Kalyan Mukherjee.
Propliner AI & Traffic: CalClassic & FS Aviator - Tom Gibson, Mike Stevens, Jason Krogmann, Manuel Jagmann, Bill Towers, Nikko Yaginuma, Richard Wright, Frederick Coleman, Dave Jones, Paul Haak, Marty Lochmiller, Ake Lindberg, Harland Sandberg, Richard Wright and Gary Harper.
Scenery: FS9 Standard, and:
- Mandalay Chanmyathazi Airport from Mike Stevens’ 1962 Indochina scenery package including airport surfaces created with AFCAD2, by Lee Swordy.
- Calcutta Dum Dum Airport by Wolfgang Gersch with help from Tom Gibson.
- Airland v1 Runway/Taxiway textures by Nazim Ali Patel.
- Rwy12 and EZ scenery libraries.
- HDE 2.0 Cloud and ground texture enhancements by Pablo Diaz.
1. Boarding passengers and conducting preflight checks.
2. The hatch is buttoned up and engines are started.
3. Taxiing out to the turnaround for Rwy. 1.
4. We’re off and the gear is coming up.
5. Climbing over Mandalay City.
6. Turning on course for Calcutta.
7. Climbing through eight thousand feet.
8. Cruising at our assigned ten thousand feet.
9. We’re now about one hundred and ten miles out of Mandalay.
10. We’ve climbed to twelve thousand feet to clear the mountains of western Burma. Passengers are warned to remain seated and relax to conserve oxygen.
More in the reply . . . . . . . . . . . . .