Thread: WAter textures

1. Default WAter textures

I have just finished reinstalling FSX, added Rex 2.0 OD back in, and noticed that the water colors were a bit off. Around the shoreline FSX is displaying what Rex is identifying as tropical water (I verified this by the color of the water in Rex).

I posted this on the Rex forum and the developer informed me that Rex only colors the water based on what FSX identifies it as (which makes sense).

In my last version of FSX I did not have this problem and have probably modified either the water textures or how FSX identifies the type of water. I seriously doubt there is tropical water near Jacksonville Fla

My problem is, I have no clue which program I used to modify this, so I am hoping that my fellow FSX simmers could suggest some

I am looking to make the shore line water, the same color as the ocean is. I have attached a screen shot showing the 2 different colors.

Thx!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	85543
    Windows 7 64x, 6 gigs RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 260, Intel 2 Quad Core running at 2.66

After completing the fresh FSX install how were the shorelines? Did you fly it at all then? A logical troubleshooting step might be to uninstall REX 2 (or do another FSX reinstall w/o add-ons) and look at the shorelines in question....what I don't "get" is how can a fresh FSX reinstall have 'possiblly altered or corrupted textures?"
    You might try FSWater right now and see if that can help you 'fix' this issue posssibly w/o lengthy reinstalls....Happy Landings...

bout time here in Arkansas for my daily sunrise flight from Drake Field near Fayetteville,AR to John Harris Field (AR05) and land on the mountain and enjoy the rest of the dawn hours...sometimes i think the "Only -PERFECT WORLD- is inside Flight Simulator"

I think you may have to play with the Brightness/contrast a bit to get the color you want and the hues and saturations. That will what probably will do it in REX.

It is under Ocean Water/Inland Water. Select the option you want, then you can adjust those tones until you're satisfied.

The choices you have are:

Plankton/Saturation/Brightness/Contrast

Don't forget to save and install them at the end, or you probably won't see any difference after....

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

Blog Entries

You need to change your REX theme.
    I always set it to more subdued colors since REX seems to want to make these types of water look bright by default.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jomni View Post
    You need to change your REX theme.
    I always set it to more subdued colors since REX seems to want to make these types of water look bright by default.
    I am finding that out. I just seem to remember though that this was not a problem on my earlier install of FSX and I was thinking it was because of something I added. The problem with that is, I had extensivly modified my fSX system so much that now I can't remember half of what I did, lol.
    Windows 7 64x, 6 gigs RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 260, Intel 2 Quad Core running at 2.66

Blog Entries

Yeah your prior modifications might have done something.
    But I can attest that the deafult REX water texture and default FSX terrain will result into something similar to your screenshot.

I have experienced it before. The link leads to one of my flights in the Middle East.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...sert+adventure
    The next link leads to another filght in the area but with different water texture.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...sert+adventure
    Last edited by jomni; 12-14-2010 at 11:26 PM.

7. Default

And I have finally figured out what was missing, Ultimate Terrian USA.

Once I loaded it, the water started looking 100% better

Thanks all!!!