Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Jesus Online FSX Tweaking tool.

I tried it - DISAPPOINTED! Put back in my old .cfg in right away afterwards. Reason being the following:

Jaggies are back on the aircraft after the changes were put in, never had them before -
    I realize that others may have beneffited from the performance increases, but if it takes away from appearance of the sim and increases performance that way, it's not worth it to me - I'd rather have a better looking sim.

Bill, I realize that others may recognzie the value, and glad that they do, I just don't see the point. Made it look terrible in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

As I said, good thing I saved a back up!

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    Jaggies are back on the aircraft after the changes were put in, never had them before -
    Hi John! thanks for trying the Tool. May I ask what your hardware configuration is? I want to replicate the problem you are having to prevent it from happening to other users, since yours is the first report of 'Jaggies' after using the tool I want to know what is different in your config to see how to tool behaved under that particular scenario! thanks again for your report.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    As I said, good thing I saved a back up!
    The tool also does this for you.

Jesus,

My system is:

Dell, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit 2.8 ghz 3 gigs of RAM, 1 gig MSI PCI-E card....I had to go back and literally reset all my nhancer settings, go back and place all of my old .cfg settings. Wasn't sure how to go about getting back my old cfg file, just replaced my old.

Thanks Jesus!

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

Don't like it? Open the tweaked fsx.cfg;
    // This file was tweaked on Dec 09, 2010 at 17:17 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service
    // Your 'original' fsx.CFG file was backed up at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx/***your ...fsx_backup.cfg
    // This file is optimized as follows: 2 core(s), CPU speed 2, HT 0, GPU 1, PREF 2
    // You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
    Simple restoration...Don

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    Don't like it? ... Simple restoration...Don
    or before you install any modification make a copy of the cfg file and place on desktop. don't like a tweek, move this copy back to 'reset' FS to 'pre-tweek' settings.

the same idea is to be used if making a change to an aircraft or panel cfg file ... or anything else one changes.

--
    D.Scobie - new 'rig' is Core2 Duo E8400 at 3GHz w/2GB, Win. XP w/SP3, nVIDIA 9600GT 512MB

Yepper! A few posts ago, I expounded on backing up before the tweak to make changing back easy. It didn't take, and the alternative method seems to be in order!!
    As you said, "the same idea is to be used if making a change to an aircraft or panel cfg file ... or anything else one changes" Don't have hindsight? Use foresight...Don

Hey guys, he did ask me for my specs, I posted them, no need to get defensive, I'm just wondering why it happened, that's all....... is it your work? That's all. I'm just waiting for a response. That's all.

Maybe I'll try it again. We'll see if there's better results. And yes DON I DID back up before doing it. so don't lecture, please....

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

hey. I have been using bojotes tools online and generally I am satisfied with the fsx performance. The tool advices me too use and external fps limiter, and says this will greatly improve performance. set target frame rate to unlimited and set external fps limiter to 30. I did that but then I experienced some serious stuttering during playing. Did I do something wrong? Is there something I get do to get the stuttering away and get better performance using the fps limiter?

specs: amd 965 3,4 ghz
    msi cyclone gtx 460 1gb
    4gb ram 1333mhz
    win 7 64bit

You would get a quicker response if you asked that question on his home site in the FSX forum. He usually answers within a couple of hours.
    Bob G.
    Intel i5-2500K OC 4.5 Ghz,Gigabite P67A-UD3-B3, EVGA GTX 760 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, 128GB SSHD, 750W PSU, FSX Deluxe, Acceleration, Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. MTX5.4c
    Tis this for now anyway. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1955972

on his home site in the FSX forum
    where can I find this?