Thread: PBY for FSX

Default PBY for FSX

Where to find a PBY Catalina for FSX?? Is there a freeware Alfasim pby available or do we have to go for a Payware model?? I can't get the FS9 Cat. floats to work in FSX.

Buy the Aerosoft one. It is quite possibly the best vintage aircraft in FSX, at least on a par with A2A offerings.

I will second mallcott on the Aerosoft one. It is a great addon complex enough to be enjoyable and simple enough to just have fun.

The floats keys for the stock FSX Grumman Goose work, mine are-
    Floats extend= F
    Floats retract= H

But I have to double-tap the keys, and even then there's usually a few seconds delay til they start moving.
    They might work for your Catalina and other floatplanes too.

I can't remember if F/H are the defaults or whether I assigned them myself via-
    Options> Settings> Controls> Buttons/keys> Systems

The Goose (freeware) is good. The Aerosoft PBY (payware) is better. I only wish the gear moved more realistically but it's a small nit.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by bmw1984 View Post
    Where to find a PBY Catalina for FSX?? Is there a freeware Alfasim pby available or do we have to go for a Payware model?? I can't get the FS9 Cat. floats to work in FSX.
    What FS9 Cat? Freebie? If so, I'll get it and see if it's possible to create a fix...Don

Getting back to you I have been trying the F/H keys to no avail...for the texture finishes I have I'm thinking of just flying the

PBY in FS2004. The Aerosoft PBY looks great but my FSX Hangar is quite crammed at present....