Hi everybody,for those of you who might be interested, I have shot and posted on Youtube a short video of my present 3 monitor setup in the corner of my work bench in my garage, about the only place my wife will tolerate a setup like this. What she doesn't know yet is this is about to become a whole lot bigger, as the current setup is about to be relaced with a 42" monitor, a second networked FSX friendly computer, a IR5 headset and the 19" monitor will become the knee board for flight planning materials. It is amazing how much you forget when you have been away from flying the real thing for a couple of years, however, I am planning to return to flying in the light sport category in the spring of 2011 and , hopefully, will get my 3rd class medical reinstated shortly thereafter.
The model of the B-25 is one which Scatterbrain and I discussed earlier and I found the sight and plan to download the addon as I did have the pleasure of flying right seat in a real one in Ft. Lauderdale with an airline captain and three doctors with whom I worked with while living there. They named it "Chapter 11". The model is as exact as I can make it of the one my 4th cousin, General James H. (Jimmy) Doolittle flew off the carrier Hornet to bomb Tokyo early in the second world war. I still have to create some of the decals as the ones that came with the kit are inaccurate. If you would like to see the video, it is at the following URL.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFVAQgcODRU . Enjoy and I welcome your comments.
Jim Doolittle