Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSX_Banking_Camera

Default FSX_Banking_Camera

Just downloaded the file from here and tried it out. It does exactly what Justin says in the description. What a superb add on, it makes visual landings so much easier! An award winning gem in my view. Try it out and you will most probably agree.

Bruno
    The presence of those seeking the truth, is infinitely to be prefered to those who think they have found it. Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by vanmulken View Post
    Just downloaded the file from here and tried it out. It does exactly what Justin says in the description. What a superb add on, it makes visual landings so much easier! An award winning gem in my view. Try it out and you will most probably agree.

Bruno
    How about a filename and/or a link? A search for FSX_Banking_Camera turned up empty.

Never mind - found it - http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=150173
    Last edited by opaplano; 09-26-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Thanks Opa, for making my post more complete.
    I should have added dotZIP to the thread's name of course!

Bruno
    The presence of those seeking the truth, is infinitely to be prefered to those who think they have found it. Terry Pratchett

What does the file do?
    I downloaded it to my desktop but there are no descriptive docs, and I don't want to install it into my FSX folder without knowing what it does first.

EDIT- forget what I just said, I did a google search and saw a vid of it in action- http://vodpod.com/watch/4513859-fsx-banking-camera

basically it automatically moves your head/eyes in the direction you're banking. Looks okay, I might install it later.
    Last edited by ScatterbrainKid; 09-26-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterbrainKid View Post
    What does the file do?
    I downloaded it to my desktop but there are no descriptive docs, and I don't want to install it into my FSX folder without knowing what it does first.

EDIT- forget what I just said, I did a google search and saw a vid of it in action, basically it automatically moves your head/eyes in the direction you're banking. Looks okay, I might install it later.
    It runs from your desktop and opens a little black window with some text on it, just have it open while running FSX and the cam will run, then I guess you close the window when you want to stop using it.

I find it rather strange that the package was allowed to be posted in the library at all since it contains no instructions (prior to running the exe file) and no author contact info - both of which should be available when you unzip the file.

Those are part of the rules which all uploaders are supposed to follow.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Just read the description. It says 'auto bank your view in the direction you are banking'. DAH! The exe can be installed other than desktop. Then an icon can be made (ie: shortcut) and then dbl-click Icon to open 'FSX Auto Cam' and minimize it. Then start FSX. Not too complicated. In fact it's 'too simple' (even for me). It's by Justin Probert. Contact? What for? It works already.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

I like the concept, but it's unusable for me since the VC is flashing and unstable. Maybe EZdok is interfering with it. Any one else with this problem?

Stan

The point is that there are upload rules which are supposed to be followed. Check the upload option and see for yourself.

This file would be rejected at many sites because that information was not included.
    David "Opa" Marshall

I know exactly what you mean Opa and I agree 100%. Don't know who the editors are (FSCom Library) but there have been other 'questionalable' uploads squeaking by them in the recent weeks. Rules are rules. And for a reason (ie: malicious intentions). As a rule I don't download anything that does not have an author name and contact addy (out of pure spite to their attitude). No name or No 'ID_Diz.txt'=No Download. I could of waited until next month to download-but by then I would not even remember it (hehe). I downloaded it, but did not use it yet. And now, I won't install it. I will wait for further 'documentation' (I'm being serious).
    Chuck B
    Napamule