Thread: Good Freeware bush planes for FSX Acceleration?

1. Default Good Freeware bush planes for FSX Acceleration?

okay, i really want to do bush flying more in fsx now and i don't know what planes are good freeware. the default maule plane in fsx dosen't work for me. Maybe i can fix it so i can fly it in free mode. how would i go about doing this? the plane dosen't show up in the menu. also what are good freeware bush planes for fsx??

Quote Originally Posted by gator1456 View Post
    okay, i really want to do bush flying more in fsx now and i don't know what planes are good freeware. the default maule plane in fsx dosen't work for me. Maybe i can fix it so i can fly it in free mode. how would i go about doing this? the plane dosen't show up in the menu. also what are good freeware bush planes for fsx??
    May be you aircraft is not showing because you did not check the box in the aircraft dialogue where it says 'show all variations'.

I just made a search in the library and there are no results for ACCEL, but 40 results for only FSX and no idea if it works on accel.
    You should google your search.
    By the way i just posted a thread about ACCELERATION compatible aircraft.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...X-acceleration.

Lets hope some one has an answer to it so you can start shopping between those 40 results.
    Last edited by lefu; 09-14-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E5400-2.7GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWSXPSP3 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder, its because you know everything....

Hi,

I don't know if it's even possible but if Acceleration was installed over the standard version of FSX that might cause your problem. The Maule is not flyable in the standard version. Well it is flyable if you add any panel.cfg to it's folder but it isn't be pretty.

Jim F.

4. Default

Don't know if it's really considered a "Bush" plane but the Pilatus Porter that's been showing up in the 'recent files' is really a payware quality aircraft as far as i'm concerned. Give it a shot.

The Beaver is not a bad plane for default.
    I would look at Ant's Tiger Moth, or Piglet's Pilatus P6.

But why freeware? There are so many excellent affordable bush planes out there. Life's to short to fly default.

I mostly fly bush planes. The A2A Cub or the Sibwings Birddog are a dream to fly. Aerosoft's Beaver is good too.
    Alex

Blog Entries

Long Island Classics:
    Bellanca 8KCAB Super Decathlon
    I've just started flying it but it looks like it might be suitable for a bush flyer... no floats.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

While not freeware, the Carenado Cessnas, priced at $13 to $27 are great value for the money. As is the Lionheart Creations Kodiak. Check them out.
    Bruce
    I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Hi,bush flying is what I do in FSX 90% of the time,for some great freeware bushbirds get Tim Conrad's Pilatus Porter available here in the library,go to www.freewebs.com/wreckerman that is the Nor-Cal Prop Club site,you have to register to download but it's free and only takes a minute.All their aircraft are FSX compatible and free,the have Maule's available in several different configurations.Try PAD www.premaircraft.com they have otters and others all free also.These should give you some nice choices to start off with.Oh,and if you like the Grumman Goose go to www.aussiex.org they have a Goose in HD that is a complete aircraft and is superb. Hope this gets you some results!