Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gtx460 FSX XP has anyone gotton this to work?

tskinny if that happens you have some major issues with your pc software.. im sorry to say it but your windows install could be broke or even worse you have some bad memory.

But we would still need to see your fsx crash report if you dont get a bsod in order to help you.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

2. Default

I'm not to worried about it I don't run it without the dx10 enabled anyways. It only started doing that since I switched out my 9800gtx+ with a 460. I was just trying stuff out for the original poster

3. Default gtx460 FSX XP has anyone gotton this to work?

Thanks guys but I think XP32 bit is a major part of the equation and from what I remember reading - DX10 was problematic with FSX (at least with XP) so I never even tried it out. I am afraid fireartist is facing the same fate as roman and I. No matter how much juice you throw at it - this combination is not going to fly. I'm sad and glad that there is 3 of us now (see: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/297672-33-bsod ) but I am still wondering if there is anyone who got 460+fsx+xp to fly?

I know nvidia have released a beta driver that fixes bsod's with the GTX460 and xp x64, I have had a look through the release notes and there is no mention of the same with xp.. but it might be worth trying the beta drivers to see if they are any better.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

DX10 was problematic with FSX (at least with XP) so I never even tried it out.
    DX10 isn't compatible with XP and isn't even and option when FSX is running on XP.

Hi, I have downloaded the beta 260 driver and at first I was getting graphic disruption and spikes, but i deleted and installed again and touch wood I am not getting BSOD. I occasionally get a graphic spike but it is workable. I will test my system with a few long flights to see if there is any problems and let you know. It looks like it might be a driver problem and not my power supply. So what ever Nvidia did for xp 64 has sort of worked for just xp.
    Hopefully when they release the full driver all the problems will be sorted.

Soaringraptor are you running fsx in direct x 10 preview mode with your 460?
    As he's running under XP, DX10 isn't even an option as it is not available on XP.

8. Default

One more with the same problem here. I get bsod with fsx using a gtx460 and xp. Some digging around the net and in my computer has lead me to belive that the problem lies with a file called nv4_disp.dll in the system32 folder.
    This dll controles how the gtx460 and xp communicates.

I did try the beta drivers but with horrible reults. The grafics look all wierd and the color shifts all the time so they won't do for me.

Nvidia has according to a post i read somewhere dropped support for XP so i guess it's an uppgrade to win7 or wait 'till someone clever solves the problem.

And you are sure your power supply is adequate?

KJ

Hi all,
    Just an update to the GTX 460 not working with windows XP and fsx. I have just downloaded the lastest driver from Nvidia 260.99 and I have been using FSX with no problems. I was told my psu was not powerful enough and I have just ordered a Corsair TX650w psu with a single 12v rail. My Artic 700 does work even though I was told my 12v rails did not have enough oomph as they only have 22amp each.
    It seems it was the drivers all along that were causing the problems and I wonder how many people have upgraded their PSU's to see if that stopped the BSOD. I am going to keep my new Psu and use it because it does seem a better power supply and for my overclocking will be more stable.
    So just to finish off, it was the drivers that were causing the bsod and not my power supply, one thing though I have learnt alot with researching this problem and asking on this forum, that things will get resolved with perseverance and of course the right tools from Nvidia.
    Happy flying!

Reg