Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FS keeps freezing mid flight

1. Default FS keeps freezing mid flight

So the last few flights I have done have ended bad. I like to do long haul flights. Lately like the last 4 flight I have done about mid way or a few hours into the flight everything is going great and I will change the view or try to bring up the FMS or another instrument (PMDG MD-11 or 747) and the flight freezes. There will still be sound and it freezes for like 20 sec then i get the error message and FS resets. It is VERY frustrating as I am in Iraq and this is something I love to do to pass time. Im to the point where i dont want to even bother with a flight because of this. Im fed up now. Any ideas of why this is happening?
    NEW: Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram 12GB, EVGA GTX760 2GB, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard, Intel i5 2500k 3.3GHz (OC 4.4GHz), Corsair H80 liquid cooler, Coolermaster Elite 430 case.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by trooper1822 View Post
    So the last few flights I have done have ended bad. I like to do long haul flights. Lately like the last 4 flight I have done about mid way or a few hours into the flight everything is going great and I will change the view or try to bring up the FMS or another instrument (PMDG MD-11 or 747) and the flight freezes. There will still be sound and it freezes for like 20 sec then i get the error message and FS resets. It is VERY frustrating as I am in Iraq and this is something I love to do to pass time. Im to the point where i dont want to even bother with a flight because of this. Im fed up now. Any ideas of why this is happening?
    Have you done any changes in the game files ?
    any new addons ?
    any changes to your operating system ?
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E5400-2.7GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWSXPSP3 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder, its because you know everything....

3. Default

nope i have not changed a thing. it used to happen every now and then but never like this
    NEW: Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram 12GB, EVGA GTX760 2GB, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard, Intel i5 2500k 3.3GHz (OC 4.4GHz), Corsair H80 liquid cooler, Coolermaster Elite 430 case.

4. Default

Do a defrag on your computer.

If you have Windows 7, or other version of Windows - update your drivers.

Hope one of these may fix your problem.

Smile

that happened to me about 5 to 10 times, months ago when i decided to change my graphics card..my old power supply could not handle more than the older GC, so after installing a new PS problems were gone.
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E5400-2.7GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWSXPSP3 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder, its because you know everything....

Trooper, there is one thing you may want to try and it most likey will fix your issue. This of course is assuming you have Windows 7....

You need a copy of the UIAutomationCore.dll file from Vista and place into the main directory of FSX:
    example C:/Programfiles(x86)/MicrosoftGames/MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX

This will solve the issue with with FSX when you switch views alot. I had this problem before as well as many others folks and this sovled the problem.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and this was one of the issues I had. My other issue was FSX would stop responding and wouldn't start period and couldn't figure how to address it because the fault was from an "unknown" module. I have since then un-installed and did a fresh reinstall and now have not had any more problems. I also un-installed a program I never would have thought about being a problem. I'll be posting more on that in a seperate post so others may finally get a chance to fly FSX.

7. Default

trooper, I see that you have a geforce card. The latest geforce driver for my card caused my fsx to freeze. I would get a frozen screen with sound, and then it would close. When I rolled back to driver 257.21 that problem went away. I also installed the uiautomationcore but it didn't seem tohelp. once i rolled the driver back, I have not had the freeze. windows 7 64.

Quote Originally Posted by leeneed View Post
    trooper, I see that you have a geforce card. The latest geforce driver for my card caused my fsx to freeze. I would get a frozen screen with sound, and then it would close. When I rolled back to driver 257.21 that problem went away. I also installed the uiautomationcore but it didn't seem tohelp. once i rolled the driver back, I have not had the freeze. windows 7 64.
    leeneed, I originally missed his specs at the bottom (DOH!!)Secondly, he gave an indication that it happened after changing views. This problem can be fixed with the UIAutomationCore.dll. You said it didn't work for you Where did you put the file?? It has to go into the main FSX directory, not just replace the original. In his case, since he has Vista, I don't know if placing the file in the main directory will help. It is a Win 7 issue it seems..

What would really help is if we knew the exact cause. FSX will give you a report and tell you what caused the crash, but he didn't put that so all we can do is give suggestions. In your case, video drivers is a very good suggestion. Funny how newer drivers usually cause problems in some cases and help with others..
    Last edited by Awwsky; 09-07-2010 at 10:01 PM.

9. Default

sorry, i am running win vista 32bit. How do i pull up the FSX report to see the reason why it is crashing? Could this be a issue with my vid card? I will check to see what driver version i am running.

Do you get the screen that says "Flight Simulator encountered a problem and needs to restart/close" ?? If so, there should be a tab or link that says "more info".. Click that and you will see a string of lines. You can copy and paste it here. There should be a line saying what the application is that caused the problem.