Thread: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

Default how will my 2002 run on this system???????

HI all, i got a fully sik Commodore 64, it has a one button joystick or i could use the paddles, the game i managed to get on a cartridge so it loads up pretty fast, and is simple to install, one problem is i can only get 16 colors which makes my clouds and everything else look crap, any ideas?

sorry i couldnt resist, im sick of hearing about peoples systems, especially when mine is so inferior to other peoples (joke), im sure there must be another forum for system queries? anyone else feel this way?

no offence to anyone who has posted this type of message but there must be 10 every day!!!

just my opinion

2. Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

Yep, I sick of that kind of post too. How are we supposed to predict performance? Look at the box that FS2K2 came in and compare your system to the miniumum requirements. Double those figures and you'll have a good system.

Hey, nothing wrong with the Commodore 64, either. I first started running FS2 on that thing 18 years ago. Ahh....the early days of my love affair with flying, when airports looked like a series of white lines against a green background, you couldn't read your instruments, there were only 4 geographic locations with airports in them....those were the days. Nobody complained about frame rates back then!

Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

yeah i sometomes still pull out the old c64 to muck around on, nothing like flying my bomber through the rivers on river raid, hehe and love the paddles and 40 minute load times with the data casette

those were the days

4. Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

Now this is strange - I was thinking something similar this morning, although it was more to do with another topic that pops up every few days - ILS Landings / Approaches / Glideslopes (I am just as guilty of this one though!!!).

It came to me that maybe there should just be an FAQ somewhere that we can all turn to, maybed linked from the "Topics" page. Possibly it could be a "something-to-read-before-posting" type page?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

TMW

totally agree, should be a page that has FAQ, that are conected with links to about the 10 most commonly asked qns and their answers, i find myslef just scrolling through the forum and only stopping to read very few posts cos they are all similar, when i started i think i posted similar posts and now i can see how annoying it is, but a FAQ section might help greatly, maybe it should pop up before the actual posting screen

just a thought

6. Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

Yep, that's how I envisaged it as well.

We shall see what happens.........

TMW

I think the FAQ should have at least 40 questions, preferably more...

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...a14dff4a40.gif

8. Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

Wasn't I just replying to your good self on another topic?????

TMW

9. Default RE: how will my 2002 run on this system???????

No offence intended either,
    but did you know that for every 10 'useless' threads there's an additional one complaining about these threads ???

So, don't add to the irritation, don't get sick and just ignore those threads :-)

Rob