Thread: Problem with Renato Santos' Uzbekistan Airways A320 textures

Default Problem with Renato Santos' Uzbekistan Airways A320 textures

Hi guys. I'm facing a problem with Renato Santos' Uzbekistan Airways textures for the Project Airbus A320.

I installed the textures for the CFM PA320, just like I do with any other texture. The moment I select the airline variation, FS2004 crashes. All other textures are working fine. I thought maybe there was a problem with the night textures and I replaced them, but the problem persists. I've now removed the textures from FS2004.

Need someone to help me. I really like the Uzbek livery and I want it as part of my A320 fleet.

Am I the only one facing this problem?

2. Default

That sort of thing happens if one of the textures is not an extended BMP.

Have a look at the texture folder on list, show details and see if one of the files has a size that is nothing like any of the others.

hi and welcome to the forums.
    you should also post this in the FS2004 forums, unless you did... of course

it could be that its missing a texture. ive had something like this but i dont remember what it was.
    Bartek Hryn,

Lot Polish Airlines | First to fly Boeing 787 in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by garryrussell View Post
    That sort of thing happens if one of the textures is not an extended BMP.

Have a look at the texture folder on list, show details and see if one of the files has a size that is nothing like any of the others.
    aah thats what ive had, not being bmp
    Bartek Hryn,

Lot Polish Airlines | First to fly Boeing 787 in Europe!

Copy A320_misc_2.bmp from a known good texture set into the Uzbecky set and test.

Make sure your aircraft.cfg entry is right first.

The info in the addtoaircraft.cfg file might reference a panel and/or sound package you don't have.

sim= line must be the same as .air file
    model= line must match the model folder name

I think the main problem is the texture, ImageTool calls it a 32-bit with no alpha. I don't even know how to do that.

I replaced that texture and the livery works now for me.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do?
    Farewell, my freind (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by StringBean
    Copy A320_misc_2.bmp from a known good texture set into the Uzbecky set and test.
    Thanks a million StringBean. Curiously, the good Mr. Santos had provided an extra A320_misc_2.bmp file! So, I deleted the original file and replaced it with his extra file and voila! It worked

As for the fuzzy livery, I have MW Graphics' DXTBmp which removes the 'MipMaps', so, the whole problem is now sorted and I can enjoy flights to and from Tashkent on my beautiful brand new UZB A320

Thanks to all. Cheers.