Thread: ~#~ Radar Contact 4 vs. Pro Flight Emulator ~#~

Default ~#~ Radar Contact 4 vs. Pro Flight Emulator ~#~

Hi chaps. I'm going out of town for quite sometime and won't have 24/7 access to the internet. I'm goin to have to fly with the default FS ATC but I can't. It's a tad too frustrating and unrealistic.

Did some research, watched a few videos but still can't decide between two ATC add ons. What do you think? Can anyone who has used RC4 & PFE highlight their experiences? I'm in for realism, that's it. I just want to know which gives you the most realistic experience.

2. Default

I dont have PFE but like you have taken quite a good look and searched forums for user-info.
    The thing that has stopped me from putting up the cash is the apparently very fussy set-up - all the virtual paperwork that is necessary before you fly. As I understand you have to create plans in one format and them convert them to another and then ............
    On the positive side they claim to have lots of voices (unlike RC which has about 8) and many regional and country accents (unlike RC which has the same 8 voices wherever you are). Some of RCs voices are ok - a couple sound as if theyre nearly asleep, others who cant pronounce "Avianca" properly (actually RC seems to have made a whole thing about incorrectly pronouncing airline and place names) and one or two sound too made up, although they might actually be real people.
    In flight RC can often be very frustrating, handing you over to every controller they can find so if you are on the Comms youll get a bit fed up - and often if you get approach vectors they will send you what appears to be miles out of your way before final and then dump you well short. I have the "Hold - always" button checked and still always get Vectors.
    But RC is still way better than MS, but will the "promised since as long as I can remember" v5 be able to take the big step forward?

Looking forward to some PFE user-input.
    Last edited by Nicholas Br; 07-25-2010 at 06:56 AM.

I did some more research and saw more videos. PFE if definitely more better. It makes a great combination with Flight Deck Companion (FDC) too. I'm going for PFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan_Nair View Post
    I did some more research and saw more videos. PFE if definitely more better. It makes a great combination with Flight Deck Companion (FDC) too. I'm going for PFE.
    Good choice. I've been using PFE for a couple of years, excellent program. You may be interested in FDC to go with it. Both programs have been designed to work together.