Thread: Project Airbus A380-800 OUT NOW!

Exclamation Project Airbus A380-800 OUT NOW!

Quote from project airbus site:

"Greetings all,

It's our pleasure to announce that, as of a few moments ago, the long awaited Project Airbus A380 is available for download on the AVSIM library! After over 2 years of development time and several hundreds of hours of work by all involved, we've set it loose to be enjoyed by the community. It's our wish that she lives up to expectations and provides you, the end user, with countless hours of enjoyment.

The model is made entirely in Gmax and was compiled using the FS2004 SDK. It should perform reasonably well, though is slightly heavier than our A320 series. While it should be mostly compatible with FSX, we promise no support for any issues you may encounter.

Official paints were packaged as standalone aircraft containers, and contain only the wing-view models. The virtual cabin models will be released shortly as a separate download, while the paint kit will only be released after all the official liveries are up. Both RR and EA engines have been modeled.

The final features list is as follows:

- dynamic wingflex with input from several new parameters including ground spoilers, fuel load, and angle of attack
    - control surface droop when the engines are off
    - independent parallel bogies when on the ground
    - custom tire rotation code
    - animated pack vents
    - idle-reverser animation
    - ground spoilers
    - smoothed gear and flap animations
    - customized nosewheel steering animation
    - accurate aileron LAF simulation
    - custom coded engine fan start-up and shutdown animations
    - windmilling engine fans (including fan inertia)
    - transparent fan blades at high RPM
    - improved antenna hiding method
    - animated window wipers
    - dynamic probe sensors
    - hard coded "double strobes"

The first three airlines + house livery (of 8 liveries total) are up at: http://avsim.com

Air France, Emirates, and Singapore airlines are available.

For FS9, but works seamlessly with FSX.

No VC yet, but the VC will be released soon. Pictures: http://pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.p...=116&start=520

A quality panel can be found here: http://www.fsdome.com/showpage.php?u...esign=standard

There are some solid ones in the file library here as well.

A HUGE thanks to Project Airbus for what will to be the greatest freeware A380 creation we have ever seen.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ | ATI Radeon HD 5750 | 4 GB DDR3 | Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Does it work with FSX?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmikegreene View Post
    Does it work with FSX?
    Quote Originally Posted by dglove23 View Post
    For FS9, but works seamlessly with FSX.

Sounds like a great freeware aircraft, but I'll wait until the VC is released to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dontworry View Post

Sounds like a great freeware aircraft, but I'll wait until the VC is released to give it a try.
    Same here. 2D panels don't do it for me anymore. I preferred them in FS9 but with the loss of cockpit side views in FSX, it is all VC for me.
    Windows 7 Professional-64; FSX Acceleration; I7-920 D0 @ 4.0 Ghz; BFG 1GB GTX285OCFU; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2; 3x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 running @1604Mhz, 6-7-6-18; WD 1TB Caviar Black (OS); WD 300GB VelociRaptor (FSX); WD 150GB Raptor (FS9 + Games); GEX; UT2 100%; ASA; REX2; NOD32 Antivirus;

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmikegreene View Post
    Does it work with FSX?
    Yes, it is FS9 native, but it works in FSX (you need just to change alias to default FSX sounds and panel) then searching for a good panel...it has not Virtual cockpit, it will be released later...anyway VC or not is definitely the best freeware A380

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Thickfog.italian View Post
    Yes, it is FS9 native, but it works in FSX (you need just to change alias to default FSX sounds and panel) then searching for a good panel...it has not Virtual cockpit, it will be released later...anyway VC or not is definitely the best freeware A380

I have download the A380 from Project Airbus and I sad because it i only for the FS9 in stead of the FSX. I try to fly that plane in the FSX and it was a desaster. The flight dynamics will not work in a FSX enviroment. Now I am busy getting that part fixed and mix the flight dynamics from the Robbert Versluys and the Project Open Sky mixture I am busy with. Otherwise I make a total new flight dynamics for this plane. The panes on itself is beautiful. For this fact I installed the FS9 again and try the FS9 version out. I am not really pleased aswell. But they give it a shot. The plane become already hangover by FL 330. Soo that needs to become better. I am working on it. I will inform you all.

The Flight Dynmics Guy from Europe,

Jan Prins, Rotterdam Netherlands.

I don't know why they're always ignoring FSX........
    Core 2 Duo 2.66 (E6750), Asus P5K SE, Asus EAH 4670 1GB DDR3, 2GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, FSX/Acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by hmklee13 View Post
    I don't know why they're always ignoring FSX........

Its not ignoring, its just the amount of time it takes to build an aircraft of such complexity.

Say for instance, you started building a plane now and set a goal to use every feature FSX can give you, you know it will take 3 years but your not bothered as long as the final product is just awesome.

THEN.. Microsoft release the new FLIGHT sim/game which isn't 100% compatible with your Aircraft model.. what do you do? do you start again to make it for the new sim/game or do you carry on?

Blog Entries

I guess the upcoming MS Flight be ignored the most.
    People are still happy and haven't maximized their FS9 and FSX.