Quote from project airbus site:
It's our pleasure to announce that, as of a few moments ago, the long awaited Project Airbus A380 is available for download on the AVSIM library! After over 2 years of development time and several hundreds of hours of work by all involved, we've set it loose to be enjoyed by the community. It's our wish that she lives up to expectations and provides you, the end user, with countless hours of enjoyment.
The model is made entirely in Gmax and was compiled using the FS2004 SDK. It should perform reasonably well, though is slightly heavier than our A320 series. While it should be mostly compatible with FSX, we promise no support for any issues you may encounter.
Official paints were packaged as standalone aircraft containers, and contain only the wing-view models. The virtual cabin models will be released shortly as a separate download, while the paint kit will only be released after all the official liveries are up. Both RR and EA engines have been modeled.
The final features list is as follows:
- dynamic wingflex with input from several new parameters including ground spoilers, fuel load, and angle of attack
- control surface droop when the engines are off
- independent parallel bogies when on the ground
- custom tire rotation code
- animated pack vents
- idle-reverser animation
- ground spoilers
- smoothed gear and flap animations
- customized nosewheel steering animation
- accurate aileron LAF simulation
- custom coded engine fan start-up and shutdown animations
- windmilling engine fans (including fan inertia)
- transparent fan blades at high RPM
- improved antenna hiding method
- animated window wipers
- dynamic probe sensors
- hard coded "double strobes"
The first three airlines + house livery (of 8 liveries total) are up at: http://avsim.com
Air France, Emirates, and Singapore airlines are available.
For FS9, but works seamlessly with FSX.
No VC yet, but the VC will be released soon. Pictures: http://pairbus.com/board/viewtopic.p...=116&start=520
A quality panel can be found here: http://www.fsdome.com/showpage.php?u...esign=standard
There are some solid ones in the file library here as well.
A HUGE thanks to Project Airbus for what will to be the greatest freeware A380 creation we have ever seen.