Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Couple of New FS9-FSX Updates - HDE v2.0 Skies & POSKY's 747-8F

Talking A Couple of New FS9-FSX Updates - HDE v2.0 Skies & POSKY's 747-8F

Hey Everybody!

After realizing that Pablo Diaz' HDE v2.0 sky textures wouldn't work in FSX, I became determined to find a cure. Late tonight, I finally found it. It had to do with color bit depth and how FSX interprets it. Here's what FSX looks like now, featuring the new POSKY 747-8F (updated to native FSX status & using the default 747 virtual cockpit). Bonus shot features the POSKY 777-300ER, also updated to native FSX status. ENBseries mod was used to create extra light bloom/shadowing.

Enjoy!

-Danny

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ | ATI Radeon HD 5750 | 4 GB DDR3 | Microsoft Flight Simulator X

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ | ATI Radeon HD 5750 | 4 GB DDR3 | Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Very nice set of pics. What's the formula for the VC and FSX please?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CAF440Sq View Post
    Very nice set of pics. What's the formula for the VC and FSX please?
    The FSX-ready model is already available on the Project Open Sky website. You can download it there. You need the FSX model if you want the 747 VC in there as well.

After you download the model, first alias the panel folder of the 747-8F to that of the 747-400 (default). Once that is done, go into the model folder and copy the file

b747_400_interior.mdl

and paste that into your 747-8F model folder. Open up the model.cfg file. It should read,

[models]
    normal=OSX748FV4_GENX

Change it to read:

[models]
    normal=OSX748FV4_GENX
    interior=b747_400_interior

Once that is done, go into your b747-400 main texture folder. Copy all textures in there (or, if you can figure out which ones correspond to the virtual cockpit, just copy those), and paste into your main texture folder for the 747-8F.

Make sure your sound is aliased to the default 737 as well - mine came aliased to the 737-400, of which is not in FSX existence.

And thanks by the way

Danny,
    I tried your instructions for adding the vc model and still get no vc? What gives? I'm at a loss...
    Also, I've been using HDE v2.0 in FSX for a while. The files that cause FSX to hang for me are the cirrus bitmaps, so I just skipped those.
    Can you tell me how you modifed yours? Thanks — Bob

"Remember, gravity is not just a good idea... It's the law!"

Nice Danny - can that HD Environment thing be used with REX? If so, I might have to get that....

John Thuot
    A+/Network+
    Don't forget to visit our modeler's site:
    http://www.dreamscape-studios.com

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by azzaro View Post
    Danny,
    I tried your instructions for adding the vc model and still get no vc? What gives? I'm at a loss...
    Also, I've been using HDE v2.0 in FSX for a while. The files that cause FSX to hang for me are the cirrus bitmaps, so I just skipped those.
    Can you tell me how you modifed yours? Thanks — Bob
    Bob, you're using FSX right?

Make sure you're using this file for the exterior model. The addition of the VC will NOT work if you are using the files uploaded here at flightsim.com or if you just downloaded the base pack over at POSKY

http://www.projectopensky.com/index....s&showfile=949

If you do this right, fsx will recognize the POSKY 747-8F model as the exterior model. If you added the b747_400_interior.mdl file to the model folder as well, and modified the model.cfg, then FSX will recognize the 747-400 VC as the 747-8F's virtual cockpit. All you have to do then is alias the panel folder of th -8F to that of the -400 and add the VC textures to the -8F's texture folder (VC textures are in the normal texture folder of the -400)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The cirrus textures imported over into FSX easily for me. Do they lag you at all? They cost me 1-2 FPS, but that was all. The sky textures crashed my sim completely, though.

And, instead of going thru the painstaking process of explaining how I modified the sky textures, I will be posting them up to the file library momentarily for download.
    Last edited by dglove23; 06-24-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    Nice Danny - can that HD Environment thing be used with REX? If so, I might have to get that....

John Thuot
    A+/Network+
    Don't forget to visit our modeler's site:
    http://www.dreamscape-studios.com
    Thanks John! HDE v2.0 can be used with REX, but REX also contains higher quality cloud/sky/water/ground/everything textures, so I would definitely stick to REX

HDE v2.0 is pretty much a lower quality but FREE version of what REX is

Quote Originally Posted by dglove23 View Post
    Bob, you're using FSX right?
    Yup.

Make sure you're using this file for the exterior model. The addition of the VC will NOT work if you are using the files uploaded here at flightsim.com or if you just downloaded the base pack over at POSKY

http://www.projectopensky.com/index....s&showfile=949
    Also, yup.

If you do this right, fsx will recognize the POSKY 747-8F model as the exterior model. If you added the b747_400_interior.mdl file to the model folder as well, and modified the model.cfg, then FSX will recognize the 747-400 VC as the 747-8F's virtual cockpit. All you have to do then is alias the panel folder of th -8F to that of the -400 and add the VC textures to the -8F's texture folder (VC textures are in the normal texture folder of the -400)
    Nope. Everything checks out but still no vc?

The cirrus textures imported over into FSX easily for me. Do they lag you at all? They cost me 1-2 FPS, but that was all. The sky textures crashed my sim completely, though.

And, instead of going thru the painstaking process of explaining how I modified the sky textures, I will be posting them up to the file library momentarily for download.
    Come to think of it it was the sky textures that messed up the loading and no, I don't see any significant lag in FPS.
    I look forward to your fix and I'll keep thinking about the 747-8F problem. Thanks Bob

"Remember, gravity is not just a good idea... It's the law!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by azzaro View Post
    Yup.

Also, yup.

Nope. Everything checks out but still no vc?

Come to think of it it was the sky textures that messed up the loading and no, I don't see any significant lag in FPS.
    I look forward to your fix and I'll keep thinking about the 747-8F problem. Thanks Bob
    Good! I uploaded the sky texture fix to the file library, and now I'm waiting for approval. Should be up within 1-2 days.

Now, it's time to help you with your VC problem

Make sure each of your folders that I will show you look like this:

MAIN FOLDER:

MODEL FOLDER

PANEL FOLDER

TEXTURE FOLDER

==================================================================================================================
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1965 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	69624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1966 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	69627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	1984 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	69628  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	2013 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	69629