Ok...I found this:
1. Click the Download the Software Licensing System Reset Tool package now link to start the download.
2. When you receive the File Download dialog box, click Save.
3. In the Save As dialog box, follow these steps: a. In the Save In box, click the local hard disk drive such as Local Disk (C:.
b. Right-click a blank area in the box that shows the files and folders, point to New, and then click Folder.
c. Type MicrosoftKB928080, and then press ENTER.
d. Double-click the MicrosoftKB928080 folder that you created in step c.
e. Click Save.
f. When the download is complete, click Close.
4. In Windows Explorer, locate the MicrosoftKB928080 folder.
5. Double-click the MSKB928080.exe file.
6. When you are prompted to accept the license agreement, click Yes.
7. Extract the files to the following folder:
*** Now this is where it is messing up so do this:
1. Click 'Start' then 'Run'
2. Type 'cmd' to go to the command prompt.
3. Type: 'C:\MicrosoftKB928080\resetsldl â€“TrustedStore'
If it works then there will be a short message.. I don't remember what it said. It is obvious if it didn't work because it will say so. It tells you in the error message the commands that will work with 'resetsldl' file so just make sure that it matches ie. â€“TrustedStore
Ok.....I will test it in 12hrs!!! If this is If this is WRONG tell me as soon as possible!